Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Struggling with low scores

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
This discussion was created from comments split from: How can you trick yourself into feeling better when doing essays?.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Adam_SAdam_S Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Guys I’ve been getting low scores in everything and I’ve only got 3 A’s since 2020
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Hey Adam,

I think 3 A's is great but it sounds like you were expecting more A grades or that you've done really well in some areas but not very well in other areas? Or that you used to do well before but now finding yourself struggle a bit?

I remember getting really good grades in my GCSEs but when I did A-levels I barely passed. It may be a case of finding ways of adjusting your revision techniques as well as making sure you understand the content and talking to your teacher if you don't. Also, some people may do really well in one or two subjects but struggle in other areas and that's nothing to be ashamed off but again does mean that you might have to spend more time understanding the course content or finding ways of learning that works for you.

Hope this helps a bit :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    3 A's is incredible @Adam_S. Plus, scores are not everything. They do not define you. How do you feel more generally about the subjects you study? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • oliviac4oliviac4 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi @Adam_S

I understand your frustration, school can be a very stressful time with grades. 3 A's is still amazing and it's okay to fluctuate in the grades you're getting if you feel you were doing better in the past. As the others said, maybe it could be to do with new content you're studying at the moment? I found that during my A Levels my grades did drop when it was new subjects I wasn't very confident on.

If you're comfortable, perhaps you could talk to your teacher at school and share your concerns? They might be able to suggest some new techniques to you and give you a hand. :)
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Adam_S I mean I think 3 A's is amazing, personally, but I can acknowledge that you might not feel the same. It's important to feel proud of your accomplishments but it's ok to feel low if they weren't what you were expecting. What were you expecting and was that realistic? Sometimes we confuse our dreams with our expectations? Think logically about why you didn't get those grades and try to distance yourself from the actual scores- they do not define you! Good luck!