Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's the main reason you use The Mix community?

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2022 in General Chat
Thought it might be interesting to see why y'all are here. :)

The truth resists simplicity.

What's the main reason you use The Mix community? 14 votes

To feel less alone and find people I can relate to
57% 8 votes
To get emotional support
21% 3 votes
To get practical support and information
7% 1 vote
To support others
14% 2 votes
To have fun and chill
0% 0 votes
Something else
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    What a great poll! What would your answer be @Mike? :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    What a great poll! What would your answer be @Mike? :3
    Ha, I mean I guess because I work here. 😅 But within that, posting on the boards tends to be the 'have fun and chill' part of my day. Always fun hanging out with y'all.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Mike - Haha! yes, working here means you kind of have to spend time with us. Nah though, I know you truly enjoy spending time with us. It is great having you with us :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    A combination of all of those, but probably to feel less alone fits it best.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Hey @independent_

Thanks for your response. I am so glad you feel less alone! I also feel less alone when I spend my time here. We are always here for you <3
  • Options
    Interesting that most folks so far have voted 'to feel less alone'. I wonder if that might take the pressure off supporting others - even the simplest gesture can make people feel less alone. :3