Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Are you a film lover? Join our NOW watch clubs THIS WEEK!

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
edited January 2022 in General Chat
Are you a film lover? Or maybe you'd love to get into watching films different from your normal style!

With our collaboration with NOW, we are running a Wednesday night watch club to help connect young people from across the country

The idea is, we tell you the film on the Thursday before. You then have a week to watch the film, then come along to our Wednesday night chat to discuss the themes and topics in the film, or anything you'd like about it!

The Wednesday night chat will run from 7:30 - 9pm

We've teamed with NOW to kick off our weekly watch clubs with a Euphoria season 2 edition! Its a great oppportunity to chat to others, (virtually) meet new people and chill on a Wednesday night.

Here's the line up:
**Jan 26th** - Euphoria season 2 (PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS WATCH CLUB FOR 18+ ONLY)
**Feb 2nd** - In the Heights
**Feb 9th** - Knives Out

But don't take it from us! Here's some quotes from last time:

"the film was very good and the chat was even better hahaha"

"This was an amazing experience and opportunity!!!"

"It was fun getting to chat to you, and I liked how our chat about the film evolved ahaha"

Interested? Fill out the form here!
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Emma_

Thanks for posting about this great opportunity. It looks like great fun. I hope loads of people see this post and join! Enjoy everyone :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Last chance to sign up for this weeks Euphoria watch club! We're really looking forward to the chat <3

Link to sign up is here
    It sounds like great fun! Good luck everyone =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Aww I would've loved to join the Euphoria one but I've only just started season 1 and whilst I don't doubt my ability to watch 6 episodes in 3 days, maybe not the best idea when I have exams coming up lol. Have fun everyone who can make it!
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
    Hey @Dandelion

Thanks for your response. Keep doing what helps you the most! Good luck with your exams and hopefully you can catch up on Euphoria soon. If we can do anything to help, please just let us know :3
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    edited January 2022
    Next week is In the Heights (2021) , sign up now to come along and have a good chat about the film and connect with others :p
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Looking forward to the film next week, it's going to be great! <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Thanks @Emma_ and @Aife! I love the sound of the film club. I know others have enjoyed the film club too. It has been an honour to signpost people to the film club! I hope you all continue to enjoy :3