Homeā€ŗ Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Neighbours

Past UserPast User RecoveringšŸ„€LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Zay That sounds really infuriating and frustrating! Particularly during a time where you need peace and quiet. Is there anyway you can ask your dad if he can, ask them if they could maybe keep it down a little because of your situation with revising for your a-levels? They may listen to him, and stop for you! I'm so sorry this is happening to you though!
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    This sounds very frustrating! Sorry to hear this is happening - especially at this time.

I agree with Brooke. It could work in your favour with your dad being friends with someone who lives there. You could ask him to ask in a kind/casual way, so that you don't feel awkward. But still in a way that emphasises how important some peace and quiet is for you. Even if you weren't coming up to A levels, everyone deserves peace and quiet. It's just decent respect :heart:

I really hope they quieten down soon for you. And best of luck with your revision/exams! :blush:
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Such true points have already been made!! It must be so rubbish to have people disrupting your entire space and mindset, and you're so right, even if people aren't doing these things on purpose, it doesn't take away from the stress they are causing you!!

Love the advice about asking your dad to drop overt hints about being quieter, but aside from this I was wondering in worst case scenarios, are there viable alternatives in terms of studying for you? I know these A-Levels must feel so immense right now and it's beyond reasonable to want that clearly defined study space! So, I wonder about all those classic ideas like the library and studying with headphones in (listening to white noise if you don't like music and revision). I know these defo aren't 'solutions' but they could be minorly helpful in some short-term capacity? <3 seriously best of luck with everything and fingers crossed that they'll quieten down and be more respectful !! xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User RecoveringšŸ„€ LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Adam_SAdam_S Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    Sad life same with me I have to study and my neighbours are really noisy they have parties all the time and I canā€™t go anywhere even to my local library and my sis broke my AirPods Pro and my wired headphones so I canā€™t study in peace
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    @Zay My neighbours can be like this too, luckily it's normally only in the evening when I've stopped revising for the day. I get not wanting to speak to them about it either I know I would feel the same. Honestly the best purchase I've made was buying some loop earplugs, I hate normal foam earplugs but these ones work really well for me, they don't block out every bit of sound but the definitely mute it a bit, and they really help me concentrate
    The steps you take donā€™t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.Ā 
    Cool
  • SonaSona Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Hey Zay,

Sorry to hear this and good luck with your A-levels! Are your parents saying that you can't go to the library to study? If so, is it because of Covid? You can tell them that the neighbours are so disruptive that you're having a had time concentrating. And highlight how important A-levels are and how dedicated you are to passing.

xxx
    edited January 2022
    Thank you
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey all,

It is so wonderful to see all the great support you are providing to one another and I can't thank you all enough for that. I just want to say I am sending you all hugs. Always here for you all if any of you want to talk. Headphones are my life saver for studying in peace too! Even more so now that I have discovered Disney piano and focus sounds on YouTube =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by Past User on
    @Laura_tigger82 give to me instead plssss
    edited January 2022
    @Adam_S - Sorry, I am not sure I know what you mean. Could you please clarify what you need? And then hopefully I can help. Thanks in advance for your clarification :3

@ Zay - No, of course I don't mind! In fact, you have asked a really good question. The one I listen to the most is called STUDY POWER | Focus, Increase Concentration, Calm Your Mind | White Noise For Homework & School. I have pasted the link at the bottom of this post. I hope it helps! :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwcHjmsw3A&amp;t=22430s

Oh don't @Zay. I can promise you I don't promote 10 hour study sessions (at least not all the time). I usually listen to it for a few hours at maximum in the background when studying. Though, of course, the time can increase near exams or deadlines! :3
    edited January 2022
    My mom used to force me to study and revise for 7 hours
    edited January 2022
    Oh no @Adam_S. I am really sorry to hear this. If you feel comfortable with answering questions, I have a couple of questions for you. These are (a) when you say force, what type of force do you mean? And (b) was there a particular reason for it being 7 hours? I am just trying to understand your situation more clearly. It would allow us to support you the best we can! :)
    edited January 2022
    Like I wouldnā€™t be able to go to my friends house for a year and once I didnā€™t revise at all and she banned from going outside for a year
    Good luck again my familyā€™s lucky number is 7
    Hi @Adam_S

Thanks for your response. Oh no, that sort of level of manipulative control. That is really terrible. I am sorry to hear you have been through that. How are things between you and your mum now? I hope things are better! :3
    Good because I got a job and she said was all she wanted was for me to get a great job and live a great life
    Hey @Adam_S

Thanks for your response. Aww, amazing. I am really glad to hear you have achieved a good relationship with your mum. It sounds like she cares a lot! :3
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Just wanted to pop back here and say you're so kind to think of your sister as well @Zay honestly!!! The fact that you've got this future-directed attitude of 'hey I'll be 18 soon' is pretty amazing given how frustrating it must have been this whole time to not really be allowed to go anywhere. Fingers crossed things start looking up and those loop headphones give you some relief <3