Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ok...?

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
why do i sometimes say to myself 'im ok, im ok' quietly
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

It is a well-known tip for grounding yourself! Well done. You have a natural instinct to take care of yourself <3

Do you say this when you are upset and anxious? Are there particular situations where you are more likely to say this to yourself? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,962 Community Veteran
    i do, i think and my mind goes on autopilot. ideas how to eas the autopilot thinking?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I guess recognising that you are on autopilot is the first biggest step @ellie2000.

Then the recommendations would be to identify what you can see, smell, taste and touch.

Some people say tracing their hands can be really useful too.

Then when you are in a clearer mindset, you can write down or talk to someone about what started it if you are still feeling worried! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Neha12Neha12 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Take care of yourself
  • Options
    Hey @Neha12! Thanks for continuing to support our community. All your efforts are acknowledged and are really appreciated. Just please remember we are here for you too if you need anything <3