Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Weekly challenge 2022 Edition #1

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat
004w5ndhe3p6.jpg

Hey folks

So we thought it would be a cool idea to bring the weekly challenges back. :heart:

These weekly challenges will be for two weeks then there will be a new one, gives people enough time to get involved :smile:

For this weekly challenge it's all about self-care, you can share what you do for self-care in this thread :heart:

Happy posting :heart:

Also don't forget to vote for the next weekly challenge :smile:

So you can share what you have done for self-care :heart:
                               "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge 2022 Edition #1 5 votes

Randon acts of kindness challenge
60% 3 votes
De-clutter challenge
40% 2 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Love that these challenges are back! Thank you for posting @Stephanie <3

For self-care this week I'm going to spend some time in the evenings reading and watching some new TV shows. I have so many books I want to read but never set up time to read them so I'm going to do that this week!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    For self care this week I am also going to read @Aife. My New Years resolution is to try and find time to read again, because I used to love it but the last few years I haven't found time to
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Love it, great vibes all round <3 for self-care I am trying so desparetly to get back into meditation, as it's really helping me with my anxiety around being sick. Thus far it's going super well I'm very happy =)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2022
    Hi @stephanie

Thanks for initiating this great thread. Self-care is super important. Too often we can forget this when we are struggling or things are really busy but that is when we need it the most.

For me, I have been listening to relaxing music to deal with the anxiety of starting my Masters dissertation this week. TV in the evenings is another great one of mine.

Thanks also to @Aife, @Dandelion, and @AislingDM for sharing your self-care tips of the week! I am looking forward to hearing everyone else's :3
  • Options
    Hey folks :heart:

Thanks for sharing so far :heart: Have loved reading everyone's responses :smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

• Options
    GUYS saw something super cool on Tiktok, of course this is not me giving any sort of medical advice to anyone, but there were doctors on there talking about how stimulating the vagus nerve with ice can be really helpful for anxiety, especially the beginnings of panic attacks.

This can explain why putting an ice cube on the back of your neck or on your chest can be super helpful to calm down, as the vagus nerve is super big!

vagus-nerve-infection-hypothesis-1-1024x575.jpg

Recently, I've been using ice packs and this has greatly helped me <3
  • Options
    Hey @Stephanie and @AislingDM

Thanks for both of your posts. I agree with @Stephanie, it has been wonderful reading everyone’s responses. And that looks really cool and insightful @AislingDM! It is great to hear it might work :)
  • Options
    one tiny self care thing I do every night is sleep with my lamp on, i think there is this big idea that once you become a 'grown up' you should be prepared to sleep in darkness even if it makes you uncomfy, because that's what 'adults do', but I don't like doing that, so I don't and I am proud of myself for being okay with it =)
  • Options
    Hey @AislingDM

Thanks for sharing your tip with us. I think it is super important to do what you feel comfortable with rather than what you are told you should do! Hopefully, it helps you to sleep better too. Keep putting yourself first <3
  • Options
    Thanks for taking part everyone :heart:

@AislingDM I totally echo what @Laura_tigger82 said, I can't sleep in complete darkness. I also can't sleep without my tv on. You do what is best and comfortable for you :smile: