Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sertiline

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
Wats this about tht drug and alcohol in new scientist.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000, Are you able to explain a little more about what you've read in the new scientist?
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    What scientist do you mean? You do have to be careful with alcohol on most antidepressants because if you have a dependency on alcohol the meds are unlikely to work, but in my experience moderate drinking has been ok. But it's always best to ask your doctor if you're not sure about something with your meds
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,963 Community Veteran
    If u take antidepressants in morning, alcohol gd in evening?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    It’s definitely worth having a chat with your GP about that, they’d be better placed to give you the actual medical side of this. It very much depends on how you personally react to alcohol and your relationship with it :)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

Thanks for all your wonderful questions. I can see @Brookee and @independent_ have responded to your questions. I just want to add that there may be a label on your medication boxes (or in the leaflets) giving you more information about usage. I am just wondering if this clarifies the answers to your questions? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.