Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Urges to escape when having meals

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I had urges to escape when having meals with my family because I felt suicidal. Having meals is too much effort and I felt like I did not have enough energy for it. I am really tired of pretending to be well. I just want things to end.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    XEmilyXXEmilyX Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    It can be really hard when you feel how you feel, you need to put yourself first and take time to work on what you need to make you feel the better. I know it’s hard and if you don’t have the energy to have a family meal maybe try to see what you feel like doing at that time to make yourself feel better however small it is a small win will make you feel like you have accomplished something. Maybe speak to your family is that an option? and see if you can work around family meals as they cause you too much stress now. You are not alone and things will get better it just takes time. There’s no quick fix but If each day you try to keep moving forward things will change. There is always support and help out there for you, someone will listen and support you so please don’t feel alone.
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20,
    It sounds like you're going through a lot right now. It's okay to feel what you're feeling, and it can be so difficult to cope with social situations when struggling with mental health, particularly when you're low on energy, and don't enjoy eating. I wonder if you've been able to see your GP about how quickly your mental health is deteriorating?

You're not alone in this, we're always here for you, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us or The Samaritans (116 123) or SHOUT 85258. Do you feel able to express more about how things are for you right now?
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us for support. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I can see @XEmilyX and @Brookee have already provided you with some wonderful advice.

I am just wondering if you would like to expand on why you don’t have the energy for eating? I appreciate a listening ear is all you need sometimes.

We are always here for you and listening to you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    @Laura_tigger82 Everything is too much work. I just hope I could stop breathing. And it hurts to hide it from my family.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time. You are worth so much more than you can see. If we can do anything to help, please just let us know! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.