Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How has the community and the friendships you've made here helped you?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
edited January 2022 in General Chat
Hi everyone,

We're going to be running a campaign on our social media channels all about relationships. For one of the weeks, we're going to be focusing on friendships.

We'd love to hear from you about how the online community and the friendships you've made here have helped you.

We'll make the comments you share in this post into social media posts. If you'd like to take part but remain anonymous, do let us know in your post or by PMing @TheMix. You can also complete our online form to take part anonymously.

Looking forward to hearing from you :star:
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Aife

What a really great idea! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    I’m someone who finds it hard to make friends, so when I joined the mix around 6 years ago I was quite nervous. But I can honestly say it’s really helped me, I’ve accepted that I’m going to need support sometimes too which I never really wanted to admit before. And it’s always nice to have that group of friends you can genuinely be honest with, we all need that safe space after all.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    This question is tough for me because I've seen so many amazing people come and go.

I joined this community after aging out of Childline and I found it hard to adjust. Childline was all I knew and I experienced the hard cut off on my 19th birthday.

When I joined though I was instantly met with wonderful people who I would engage with on the boards.

One of the old users on here introduced me to the GC and we all became close in there. We even took our friendship off the boards and into Among Us (whilst it was cool ahah) and that turned into discord. Unfortunately only two of us remain on the boards from then which is really heartbreaking. We lost them all so suddenly, never really understanding what happened.

I miss those members but I'm super thankful to still have @independent_ from our group and of course the rest of the amazing users that I've grown to become close to.

Since losing those members from the boards, I've struggled to come on here as it's a constant reminder of everything that happened, the stuff surrounding my Childline position and all that. It's been very hard but I'm enjoying being back in the community and meeting the new members.

I wish everything could have worked out better but ultimately I know I can come on here whenever I want and always be met with amazing members whenever I'm on.

This community really does survive the difficulties of growing up and it's a pleasure to be a part of it.

(Ps feel free to use anything that may be useful on your social media but obviously this comment probs isn't the best for that ahah)
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Hey @independent_ and @Anch0r33

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am really glad to hear the community has helped you to build friendships and support.

I am really sorry to hear you have also seen members go though. That must be a really difficult experience. If you ever want to talk to us about this, I hope you know you are more than welcome to.

I am glad to hear you are both benefiting from the community. I know you are both very great community members! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I know this is more for members than mods but I just wanted to say that speaking to so many people has helped me to learn so much about life and people's range of experiences. Truly, I am eternally grateful for everyone's honesty and vulnerability. You guys rock!!! I also feel I've gained a little more confidence in real life, I'm less anxious to strike up and maintain convos with strangers in random places like the gym, so thank you for letting me be part of this cool place xx
    Hi @AislingDM

Thanks for sharing your experiences too. I am finding it really heartwarming to read everyone's experiences. I feel very similar about the community. I haven't been here for as long as most of you have but I am finding it a really supportive and friendly space. I also continue to learn a lot here! <3