Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My next book

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
So as some of you know I’ve been busy promoting and advertising the upcoming release of my very first book 😁😁

I am super excited as my brother (who is doing the illustrations.) said he should be done by the 20th meaning it shouldn’t be much longer before I release it!!!!

Anyway while I’ve been waiting and been busy advertising I’ve also been jotting down ideas for more and id like your opinions on them which should I go for first.

1. I haven’t got a title for this one yet but like the one I’m about to publish this was another one I made up while telling the children at work stories. It’s about a group of children who go on a pirate adventure but come across many sea creatures and each one tells them a little bit more about what a monster living on the beach looks like. I half and half have the story as like I say I made it up at work, the children like it but it needs tidying up and stuff adding to it.

2. Blast off!!
A rhyming story about an astronaut in space and the things she sees/does.

3. Anything I want to be
A story about a boy starting school who is a wheelchair user, due to this the children often leave him out of their games because they don’t think he could play, but their teacher shows the children how if they think and try hard enough then anyone can do anything they want. This leads the boy to using his imagination for example the children are running around pretending to be race cars, the boy uses his imagination and pretends his wheelchair is a race car. The children want to play trains and the boy uses his imagination to be the train driver and the other children follow him. The story will also show how the school have adapted the environment for him and how he can do everything the other children can.

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    ahhh these all sound like such good ideas, I love all of them!!
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @One-in-a-million

I am super excited for you and proud of you! I can hear your joy in this post.

Just like @Dandelion, I like all of them! However, if you could do them all just not at the same time I'd say Anything I want to Be.

I'm such a fan of diversity, equality, inclusion, and social justice though so I might be biased! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @One-in-a-million This is wonderful! Congratulations on your first book, that is so amazing! It's wonderful to see you thriving and I'm so proud of you!

I'm particularly touched by the Anything I Want To Be book idea! I think that's a really positive message to send out to everyone! These are all incredible ideas, congratulations!! <3
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Thank you everyone :) I think the anything about me one is one of my favourite ideas xx

I am really excited and just working on my acknowledgments page :) should hopefully be out before February xxxx
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Eeek! Exciting things ahead for you @one-in-a-million. We are really proud of you. If there's anything else we can do to help, please just let us know! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.