Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Epilepsy/seizures

matthew2909matthew2909 Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
Hey hope everyone’s good just wondering does anyone else on here have epilepsy or seizures too you don’t have to answer via post if you don’t want to u can message me if it’s easier

Comments

• Options
    Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    @matthew2909 hi, just read your post and I have epilepsy and have seizures. Currently being under control of medication..hope this is helpful to you in some way!
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @matthew2909

I am good thank you. How are you currently feeling?

I can see that at the moment you are looking for people to share their lived experiences with you. Thanks @Millicento_ for sharing your lived experience with @matthew2909. I do not experience epilepsy/seizures. However, my nan does and I have previously worked with children and young people who also have epilepsy/seizures.

Another resource you may find beneficial is Young Epilepsy. They are a charity for children and young people with epilepsy.

If you have any additional questions or need our support with this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    BluRocks2015BluRocks2015 Posts: 1 Just got here
    edited March 2022
    Hey Matthew, around 1 in 10 people will experience seizures in their lifetimes, and over 1 in 26 will be diagnosed with epilepsy.

There are lots of stories from people living with the condition on the Epsy website, also on the Epilepsy Foundation of America site.
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey I have focal seizures although they seem to be controlled now.

I actually help run an online epilepsy group for people with epilepsy to have a laugh and a joke. Not everyone likes it but for me laughter has been the best way for me to get on with my epilepsy.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Love to see how many people are here offering support and info, it's so important to be able to understand something that can be a really scary situation!

I have seizures and am currently in the process of trying to work out where they are coming from with doctors and so I want everyone to know that I'm here for any convos about their experiences, especially all the frustrations that come with trying to diagnose and treat, especially when there are so many different subheadings of types of seizures.

Learning and being able to better-understand is the first step with anything and I know having people around you who understand what your seizures are like and how to help is one of the most relaxing aspects of living with seizures <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.