Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

disability social care

sailingswallowssailingswallows Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
edited March 27 in Home, Law & Money
hi,
I wanted to create a thread that was about social care the disability teams. Either in Children's or Adults.
I have been through both system.
Ge
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,617 Legendary Poster
    How have you found them? When I was at school I got some disability support through children's social care but not so much now that I'm an adult, not that I need much support at the moment. But probably will have to speak to adult social care one day too. So just wondered how you found it?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @sailingswallows

What a fab idea! How have you found both of these systems?

And thanks also to @independent_ for sharing your experiences. I am glad to hear you are doing ok at the moment :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @sailingswallows hi! I've just found this post, it must've been when I wasn't on :)

Would you be able to share a little more about maybe the reasons why someone could get support from adult or children disability teams? What sort of support you could get from them and anything else that may be useful!

I've not had any experience with them so would be interested to hear about it!

I am now registered with the disability services at my uni, but that's for my POTS which don't really cause me day-to-day issues anymore!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `