Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello everyone!

Hiii!! My name's Karina and I'm currently a second year student studying Psychology at university.

I just joined The Mix in order to help those around me and let them know that they are not alone.

In my free time, I like to read, do puzzles and generally spend time with my friends and family.

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Karxlu

It's such a pleasure to meet you, and welcome to the community! I hope you're enjoying your degree! I think it's wonderful that you've joined to help others, and I hope to see you around!

Sending you lots of love <3
  • Options
    KarxluKarxlu Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hello @Brookee !

Thank you!! It's so nice to meet you too :3 . With exams approaching is bit more stressful but I do love what I'm studying so it's more doable.

Sending lots of love to you too
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @Karxlu

Welcome to The Mix's community. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?

I think it is wonderful that you want to support others and it is people like yourself who make our community such a supportive space. I just want you to know that we are also here for you.

On that note, I would ask you about how you are finding uni. However, I have just seen your response to @Brookee that you are currently finding it stressful with approaching exams.

Do you have the support you need in place? I think you will do wonderful in exams! Just give it your best try. Your best try is more than anyone can expect of you (including yourself).

Enjoying what you study is an important part of managing stress. What are your favourite parts of studying Psychology?

I am particularly intrigued as I studied Psychology at GCSE, Access to Higher Education (Social Sciences), and as part of my undergraduate degree.

A resource you might find useful is Student Minds which you can find at https://www.studentminds.org.uk/.

Are you managing to incorporate your free time activities into your current schedule? I know that might be tricky with exams approaching but always super important if you can.

What in particular do you enjoy reading? are there any themed puzzles you particularly enjoy?

Take care for now and I am looking forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    KarxluKarxlu Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hello @Laura_tigger82

I'm all good so far, just trying to get the hang of this website. How about yourself?

Thank you so much, I think they will be alright... I'm just at that point where I want to get them over and done with.

I had only started Psychology at A Levels but became instantly fascinated in the subject. My favourite aspect of it will probably have to be relationships and attachments. You said it cam across your undergraduate degree, what did you study?

It was a bit challenging when I first started my degree but now I've managed to get into schedule and be able to fit all my activities. Mainly I read books to help with my studies so nothing too interesting and for my puzzles, they are just anything I like- no specific theme.

Thanks, take care of you too! <3
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,120 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Karxlu

I hope you feel settled into The Mix community soon. I am sure you will with just a few clicks. If you have any questions for us that will help you to feel more settled then please just ask away.

I am really pleased to hear you have managed to build a schedule that works for you and incorporates studying and your hobbies. It is a difficult thing to achieve so well done! Are you finding it helps you to unwind?

Relationships and attachments are such a key part of psychology! And really fascinating too. Did you study Bowlby's attachment theory?

At the undergraduate level, I studied a combination of education, psychology, and sociology. I am currently studying for a Masters degree in education with a focus on special educational needs and disabilities. It also incorporates the social sciences to be fair but with application to education and a focus on special educational needs and disabilities!

In terms of interests, I am a big Disney fan myself :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.