Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Young Audio Awards

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
Earlier on, I heard something on the radio about the Young Audio Awards and this is about young people between the age of 8 and 18 recording their own radio show or podcast as part of a competition. At the moment, there is even a category about "My Life In Audio" which is about life during the pandemic and you can do it as an interview with someone, discussing your personal experiences, giving advice or however you want to do it. https://youngaudioawards.co.uk/categories/ Here is some more information about this amazing opportunity. I think that I am going to give it a go.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Dancer this is really interesting!! Thank you so much for posting this! I hope this reaches someone who will benefit from this! And good luck to you as well!
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Dancer

Thanks for sharing this opportunity with us.

It sounds like great fun.

Good luck if you do give it a go! And to anyone else who wishes to take part in this :3

Please feel free to let us know how you get on <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ItaliaItalia Posts: 220 Trailblazer
    @Dancer this looks like such a great opportunity. Thank you so much for sharing it.

I'm really glad to hear that you are going for it - I think you would be great at this. I'm sure the community is here to help if you need any encouragement at all. Keep us posted on how it goes! :star:

“People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses.”
    -
    Brene Brown

• Options
    I haven't actually asked my parents for permission though so not sure if I would be able to do it. However my mum would probably be okay with me doing it. Thinking of either doing it as an interview with my Photography teacher or as an interview with some people from performing arts group.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Hi @Dancer

How comfortable do you feel with asking how your parents for permission for this opportunity?

Both ideas sound fabulous! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I asked my mum (well actually I just bought up the topic of the competition as a general thing) and she seems fine with it. She said to have a look online about what it involves so sounds like a yes.
  • Options
    Yay @Dancer! This sounds like great news if it is something you are hoping to get involved with :3

We wish you the best of luck with this. Please feel free to let us know how you get on <3