Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help us write the Young Carer's Group Chat description

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
edited December 2021 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

We're doing some work at the moment for a group chat video project - we're planning to make a video to talk about all of our group chats. I wanted to post here to ask if anyone would like to help write the group chat description for the young carer's chat we run every week?

We have started collecting some feedback over in this thread and have made some initial changes to the descriptions. Thank you if you've already taken part!

Here's the updated Young Carer's Chat description - we'd love to hear from you your feedback. You share this by commenting below or through our new feedback form.

Here's the description changes we've made:
Before
'A space for young carers to get and give support in a group.'

We heard from the community and young carers themselves that many people do not realise they are young carers so adding more about this would be useful. We have a tool at The Mix that helps young carers find out if they are a carer so we've added this into the description and a bit more information on what a young carer is. Our new description is a bit longer and we're keen to hear from you how we can keep amending it. Let us know what you think! The new description is in the next spoiler.

After
Chat online to other young carers and find support from a community that understands what you’re going through. If caring for someone is a part of your everyday life, you might not think of yourself as a carer, or you might be unsure whether you are one. Use our online tool to find out and come along to our group chat.

Something else we can do is create a new logo for the young carers chat so it has its own colour and name e.g. 'YCC'. If you look at our group chat page you can see we have logos for support chat and general chat. The young carers chat is 'WC' at the moment which is a workshop chat. Feel free to share your ideas and feedback on this too.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback :star:
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Aife

What a great thread! I am particularly looking forward to seeing all the responses from our amazing young carers.

Young carers have a useful insight into this description that I don't have.

I think it is great that the new description has acknowledged that many children and young people have caring responsibilities without identifying as a young carer! Such an important step forwards :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AbigailAbigail Posts: 818 Part of The Mix Family
    Done the forum. The logo should be purple (linking with the confetti cannon when it's YCAD and Carers awareness week). It should also have a defined description of what a YC/YAC is and who the chat is catering for so there is no confusion.

(Also is this subforum the 'new' place for YC/YAC chat?)
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Thanks @Abigail for your feedback. I am sure this will help @TheMix to improve the description :3

I am not sure about the answer to your question, unfortunately. Hopefully, @TheMix or @Aife can help to answer your question :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.