Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

guess who's back

SkyeSkye Posts: 103 The Mix Convert
Hey hey everyone!! Idk if anyone remembers me lol but I was last active here in May and then things happened. I'm sorta back, wont be on much because my finals are coming up. So ig I'll reintroduce myself :3
Name's Skye. I'm 17. Pronouns are she/they. And it's nice to meet yall :)
Won't you come over and watch the stars with me?

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Skye

A huge welcome back! It is great to see you are here with us again.

Would you like to tell us about your interests or what you study?

How are you feeling about things, and especially your finals which are coming up?

Finals can be stressful but please make sure you also make time for yourself <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @laura_tigger82

I like reading novels, anime, drawing, music and things like that. And I'm currently studying accounting and business related subjects.

I'm a bit stressed about my finals because covid had a really bad impact on my studying in the past year but ig I'll manage. I'm trying not to stress too much on it but things get difficult at things so yeah I'm trying my best

• Options
    Hi @Skye

You are really welcome. Though, you have nothing to thank me for! I am just getting to know you as you are a member of our wonderful community.

Ooh, music is one of my interests too! What sort of music do you like? My music interest is vast! It ranges between Bring Me the Horizon and Eminem to Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran and some country music too.

Would you like to talk about in which sense COVID has impacted your studying in the past year? I know it has. For instance, my own degree has been fully remote. However, knowing specifically how could help me to provide you with some suggestions.

Doing your best is all that can be expected and you are doing so well. You are showing so much persistence in caring about your finals. You have already come so far because you are determined!

Keep pushing forwards. Do remember to care about you too though <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @laura_tigger82

Your interest in music is really cool! I love all those artists you named. Though I might not be much fun of country music. I do listen to alot of pop and metal and sometimes edm. I like to listen to songs in different languages even though I dont understand them lol

Actually I dropped out of school before covid started and then came the lockdown so I couldn't get admission in the school I wanted to, so I ended up being homeschooled. I found homeschooling very difficult but I didn't have much of choice because the lockdown lasted quite longer than expected. Two years of homeschooling later I now have my finals and I'm not very confident about it.

I'll remember to take out time for myself while preparing for the finals. I hope you are doing well too :3

• Options
    Good morning @Skye :)

Thanks for your response. I am good thank you. Sorry to hear you have been on a rollercoaster!

What a vast range of music you like too. Oh, do you like songs like Little Mix - Reggaeton Lento and Justin Bieber Despacito? If so, they are cool, aren't they!

Again, I am sorry to hear you have been on a rollercoaster with your education. If it helps, my Masters degree is in education (with a focus on special educational needs and disabilities). I will help you in any way I can!

I guess to start with, to feel somewhat more confident, I would suggest making a list of all the topics you have studied so far. You could colour code this list of topics according to your confidence levels. For example, red for the topics you are feeling the least confident about, amber for the topics you have some confidence about but you feel you could benefit from going over again and green for the topics you are feeling the most confident about. You could then prioritise.

With this list, you could revise the topics in a range of ways depending on how you learn best. This could include quizzes, mindmaps, watching YouTube videos, making things and listening to podcasts, etc. Then you will need to simply know you have done your best. Your best is more than good enough and make sure you have lots of sleep the night before each final!

I believe in you. I know you can do this :3

• Options
    Hey @laura_tigger82 :)

I love both the songs!! Though I haven't heard them recently, they both kinda give me nostalgic feelings. Lately I have been listening to Italian and Russian songs and they are just awesome.

Using different color codes is a great idea! And I never thought I could do that too! So thank you so much for the idea.

Again thank you for your kind words :3

• Options
    Hey @Skye

Aww, they sound awesome. Would you like to share one that you like the most with us? I will give it a listen!

I hope the tip helps but if you need any more suggestions please just ask! Always more than happy to help if I can :3

Thank you for your kindness too. Kindness matters <3
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    Hey @Skye Welcome back :) !! I'm loving your display picture <3
  • Options
    Hii @laura_tigger82

I like this Italian band named måneskin, their sing "zitti e buoni" is really cool and also I love this Russian song named Возможно (it means maybe in English) by My.

The tip is very helpful as I started trying it today. I will ask for help if I'll need to! Thank you!!

Heyy @gia9720
    Thanks you!!

• Options
    Hi @Skye

Thanks so much. I am looking forward to exploring this music :)

Really glad to hear my tip helped. How are you feeling today?
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Welcome back @Skye

How are you doooing??? <3<3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Skye wrote: »
    Hey hey everyone!! Idk if anyone remembers me lol but I was last active here in May and then things happened. I'm sorta back, wont be on much because my finals are coming up. So ig I'll reintroduce myself :3
    Name's Skye. I'm 17. Pronouns are she/they. And it's nice to meet yall :)

Welcome back, glad to hear from you again! <3
  • Options
    Heya @laura_tigger82 and @lovemimoon

I'm doing good! I had a really great day! Though I didn't get much study done today still today was fun.

How have you both been?

• Options
    Hey @Skye <3

I am really glad to hear you are good and had a great day :3

It is all about the balance in life! Not studying every day is okay :3

I am good thank you :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,500 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome back 💜
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley