Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Merry Christmas!

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys

I just want to wish you all a very merry Christmas only two more sleeps to go! I'm hoping for a Nintendo switch and I hope my brother gets me this game that came out recently, on the 16th he probably won't since it costs like £39 and is like 70gb but I mean hey I can dream right? Also I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit because my depression has spiked again and I've wanted to just be alone so I can let my bad thoughts settle it's worked a little! But I'll try and be happy Saturday cause I mean after all it's a big day but I'm not in a good mood at the moment but hopefully it clears

What are you guys hoping for for Christmas? I know a lot of you probably don't celebrate it but what would you like anyway? I don't want anyone to feel left out so it can be as crazy as you want it to be lol 😂

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

Thank you so much for your kind message. I am wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too. Let's hope you get the gifts you put on your list (fingers crossed!) :)

I am sorry to hear you have experienced a spike in your depression. Would you like to tell us more about how that has made you feel?

One positive is that you have realised what makes you feel better (time alone) which is wonderful especially as you have taken this time for yourself.

Mind has some information about managing depression that you might find useful! If you are interested in exploring this further, you can find it at https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/depression/self-care/.

I think the most important thing is to look after yourself, keep up any routines and strategies you already have in place for your depression, and spend Christmas the way that makes you feel happy.

Honestly, I just want time with my family! and food and sleep. I am particularly looking forward to watching Encanto which starts streaming on Disney+ on Christmas Eve :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi @Laura_tigger82

I'm not sure how it's made me feel stressed definitely and with the depression I just try to keep my distance from people so I'll sit by myself which I hate but I just don't want to give my pain to someone else and is I mentioned In bad habits when I go through those states I close in on myself and feel nothing because not talking doesn't work cause unfortunately my friends are always one step ahead of me lol that was a joke but they are good friends

And honestly that's sounds like my idea of good time spending it with family I've been meaning to go watch Encanto actually but I think I've just forgot to Tbh lol too much school 😂 but I hope I get my presents as well although I won't be disappointed if I don't because that is a lot of money for a game and a switch costs a lot as well so I won't be disappointed
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @awesomeminecraft6789 i hope you get everything you want and more. Honestly i just want my taste buds back to normal and my smell in time for christmas, id be grateful if i could taste my grandma amazing cooking... :) lol

and i totally feel you on wanting to be alone and not feeling festive - i can relate! take each day as it comes and dont feel forced to be positive if you're just not feeling it.
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    edit: i want my taste buds back cos im recently recovering from covid sorry i didnt say and then thought ummmm thats just gonna sound weird without knowing that bit of knowledge so um yeah happy holidayszzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

I can see the pros and disadvantages of that method then! The pros are that you get quiet time to reflect on how you feel and space to deal with it at your own pace. The disadvantages are that you don't access the support you need or be honest with the people who care about you. You are not putting it on them as they care about you and want to know how you are and support you through it.

I hope you have everything you want at Christmas <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @gia9720

Oh no, I hope you have your taste and smell back in no time! Your grandma's food would be amazing if you could enjoy it too.

I hope you are applying your words of wisdom to yourself too! Spend Christmas enjoying the things you love no matter what these may be :3
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @awesomeminecraft6789 Merry Christmas to you too! I hope you have a wonderful festive period!

Just wanted to let you know that it's perfectly okay not to feel okay, and feel your emotions, it's okay if they're not in line with Christmas, your feelings are important and valid, no matter what time of the year it is! Don't feel pressured to be consistently happy, your feelings are so important!

I'm hoping to get a new Fitbit because mine is on it's last legs haha!
  • Options
    I hope you get a Fitbit @Brookee :)