Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Family and opening up

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,968 Community Veteran
who's easyier to tlk 2
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000, I think this all depends on your relationships with them. Do you have a family member who makes you feel safe and is non-judgmental and caring towards you?
  • Options
    Tigger2001Tigger2001 Posts: 15 Settling in
    @ellie2000 @Brookee

Hiya. I hope your day is going well. I agree with what Brooke has said, none of us can really answer this for you. It's about who you feel comfortable talking to as it is something you will need to decide for yourself, unfortunately.

I would say however, follow your gut. You can normally pick up vibes from people and if you are nervous about opening about something, you can always test the waters by asking them in a broad type of way what their thoughts are on it or something related to the topic. What do you think about that? Is that something you would feel comfortable doing?

Alternatively, you can always talk to me, if you would like to! I'm not here to judge, I'm just here to talk about life - both the ups and downs. Feel free to give me a shout if you would like to.

Sending positive vibes 😊
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    wen i see them, i stay quiet bc of wat to say, i think about wen family has taken me out nd i hurt myself by triping down a hill getting back frm sabaton. hitting my head on one of dark green boxes. fortunatly my sister had a first aid kit on her. passers by found us, n stayed until we got picked up. my sister cried n i cried then she said tht she was crap n then i went n hugged her, we got taken to a&e to wait for me to get patched up. tip here: never walk wen its icy
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    then i remind them they're not crap now n Agen :(
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - it sounds like quite a traumatic experience when you had a fall, I am really glad that people found you and your sister had a first aid kit on her. Is it that you find it hard seeing family because it reminds you of things like this? If so, have you felt able trying to tell them about this, it may help them to come up with ways with you to be able to distract yourself from that, for example perhaps having an activity that you meet up with them to do may make it easier to have that to focus on and also mean there won't be quite such a pressure to talk as much?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    its 'omicron' now, i think we're going to lockdown agen, stupid tories. hopefully see her at xmas. im thought i was content after having therapy, about wat hpnd to me but its a ongoing thing, why?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hi @ellie2000 I think it'd be wonderful to see her at Christmas, if it comes to a lockdown, is it possible for you to play some games with her on video call or something? When you say it's an ongoing thing, do you mean not being able to open up to your family?