Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Relatable book quotes

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys another exciting thread for you!

So this one is about book quotes that you can relate to I'm sure we've all read a fair share of books in our time but I'm sure there's one quote that's stuck with you!

I'll start with mine:

It's weird right? Something happens, and it's the worst thing you can ever imagine, and it's just burned into you at the time, like it's going to go on forever. And then the years go by, and it's just another thing that happened. Not like it's not important, or terrible, but its in the past, just as much as everything else

I really relate to this quote because I've been through a lot In my time and it always effects me to the point where I lose it and break down but after a while it fades but doesn't last forever I know that now I'm just trying to live on and live life to the fullest but it gets really hard I think we've all felt like this in our lifetime

But hopefully you guys like this thread!

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Love this thread idea @awesomeminecraft6789 here are a couple that I quite like:

“They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.” - To kill a mockingbird

So much to love in this book, however this one I think captures a lot around having the courage to stick with your beliefs and convictions even at times when it isn't popular or is going against the norm.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Dumbledore in the Harry Potter series
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Thanks so much for making this thread @awesomeminecraft6789 !

One I adore is "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals" Sirius Black to Harry Potter.

Another one I love from The Perks of Being A Wallflower "I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that there are people starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have"