Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mental health services

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
i got reffered to turning point twice nd im not hopeful about them phoning this week, has any1 else had bad review?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000

I am really sorry to hear you have had a negative experience previously. I hope this time you find them supportive. Please remember we are always here for you too. Good luck with your phone call. Please feel free to let us know how you get on with the call :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I don't think turning point r useful doing their job coz the pages was down
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It's no wonder you're left feeling frustrated with turning point and their services if you cannot even get online to gain some support, and I really am sorry you had to go through that, as it can make seeking help feel even harder. I'm wondering if you ended up having a phone call with them yet? xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i got turning point onboard this time :) and i mentioned that their site was down
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    That's fantastic Ellie! I hope they'll be really supportive and helpful this time around for you :)
  • Options
    does it matter i hav lots of services on the go
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    That's great you managed to get through to them @ellie2000. How did your phone appointment go?

In terms of accessing other services at the same time, I believe it's counselling it's best to stick to one counsellor at one time, but I'm not too sure about the support you're getting from other services so it might be possible to use a couple along with Turning Point. How would you feel about letting them know what other services you're using?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Such a true point from Aife! I think it's usually good for the different services to be aware that they are working together to support you, as this can make your experiences with them easier :) I certainly don't think there is anything wrong with accessing multiple services, especially if each one is helping you in a different way. Sometimes we can get the best help when one service tries to help us with all of our needs, but I know this isn't always possible, so do not feel bad about getting help from multiple people <3