Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti-Bullying Week: What's something kind someone has said that's helped you?

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
edited November 2021 in Positivity Corner
Hi everyone,

This week is Anti-Bullying Week and this year's theme is One Kind Word. Kindness is more important today than it has ever been. One kind word can make a huge difference and help someone have a little bit of hope.

We'd really love to hear about kind words that have been said to you or random acts of kindness. Something shared with you might just help someone else who is struggling <3

What's something kind someone's said to you that's helped you?
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    "Be kind to yourself" is one that consistently helps me when things are rocky. It sounds so obvious and it's something I like to think I practice daily, but actually having someone else say it can really make the world of difference. It's nice to be reminded of the simple things sometimes.

"This too shall pass" is another. Nothing is forever, even the stuff that feels like it will be.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    "It will be ok"
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    And another one - as I forgot about it when I wrote my initial post! "Everything's ok in the end, if it's not ok it's not the end". Sending you all hugs :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.