Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Still not sure i should confess my feelings

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
Hi guys

So as you all know im having troubles confessing my feelings and now im really not sure if i should it feels wrong but i really wanna tell her but im not sure how to is there an easy way or not? Because i do have feelings for this girl and im pretty sure of it now but i dont know how to my minds gone blank this probably wont make sense bur ive told some of my friends and a ta about this and they all pretty much said the same thing if i really do just go for it but idk how

Sorry if this doesnt make sense guys my mind is all over the place at the minute

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I can hear how stressed out you are at the moment trying to make this decision for yourself, which must leave you feeling even more drained about the whole situation. I think in many ways honesty is a great thing, but not even just for the girl you have feelings for, but for yourself. Truly you deserve to honour your own emotions by being truthful about them. I can hear that you're leaning towards being honest but not being sure of how to, which is beyond understandable, given that this is such a place of uncertainty for you.

It often seems that it is good to ease yourself in gently to big convos like this, maybe rather than just bluntly opening with 'I like you' you could talk about nothing in particular at first and then slowly move towards the topic area of all the things you like about her and if you get a positive response it might be a good moment to share your feelings.

Doing this is certainly not going to be as easy and quick as I've laid it out to be and being reluctant to express vulnerability is more than reasonable, but you really do owe it to yourself to be honest <3 I am wondering, what do you think is making you feel so 'all over the place'? xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    I very much agree with advice already provided.

Being honest about feelings, while it is scary, can be really good for you (and potentially the other person too). You never know if the other person feels the same about you, and even if they don't, just admitting your feelings can really ease the burden you are feeling when you don't know whether you should admit your feelings to someone. I'm wondering why you say that it feels wrong to admit your feelings to the girl in question?

Talking can be really scary, and it can be difficult to find the right moment as well. If that doesn't seem like a good option to you, then you might want to try writing your feelings down, whether in a card or a letter, or even texting/messaging.

You may or may not get a response. She may or may not feel the same about you. But you might feel a lot better once you had admitted your feelings, rather than staying stuck in a rut, worrying.
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Some really cool advice given here, and so I just wanted to check in to see how you're feeling at the minute @awesomeminecraft6789 ? We're here for you no matter what decision you make. xx