Home› Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling

GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
I'm really struggling at the moment. I'm reaching breaking point.

Comments

• Options
    I hate this I hate this I hate this
  • Options
    liv_roseliv_rose Posts: 17 Settling in
    Hi @GreenTea. I am really sorry to hear this but you're not alone and many people find struggles in their life. It is really good that you are able to open up about this, do you have anyone, such as, friends, family or support at your work or place of education? It can often be helpful just to let people know how you are feeling. sending lots of hugs!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @GreenTea

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear you are struggling. Would you like to tell us more about how you are feeling? I am sending hugs your way. Please remember we care about you. I hope things are better for you soon. One of my favourite quotes is "the sunshine is always there, sometimes it is just hidden behind the clouds". I hope the sunshine comes back to you soon :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    KalekaAKalekaA Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    @GreenTea You are not alone. You are so brave for reaching out for help. It’s good to blow off steam sometimes. Let us know what is bothering you, if you are comfortable with sharing that information. We all struggle with things and it can be perfectly normal to feel like this. Just remember you are not alone and people are always here to hear you out and offer what we can to help in any way we can.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hello @GreenTea,

I'm so proud of you for sharing this with us - I can hear things are really tough. I want you to know that I, and we at The Mix, are all right here with you :heart:

We are here to support you in whatever way works for you. Whether you'd like someone to listen, someone to distract you, or just someone to hold space. We are here for you.

I can see that this was posted yesterday. I'm wondering how you are feeling today? :heart:
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Just echoing what everyone else has said and sending you massive hugs @GreenTea . Hope you are ok 💜
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    Thanks all.
    I just feel like everyone hates me right now. I'm in a really not so good place at all. I'm really struggling with self harm urges, struggling with memories of trauma. I'm being called things that are bringing up really bad memories of my school years.
    I'm struggling to eat, struggling to sleep. I've got headaches all the time..
    Just had enough. I hate my job. I hate where I live. I have nobody around me. Everyone hates me
  • Options
    Constantly trying to hold back my tears
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @GreenTea I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles right now. It can be so hard when your mental health is in a negative space to not overthink or cause yourself more pain.

I just wanted you to know that we're all right here with you, and this is always a safe space for you to reach out, without judgment.

I am so sorry your struggling with thoughts of self-harm, do you have any coping mechanisms that you can use to help distract you from these thoughts? I'm also really sorry to hear that people aren't treating you with the respect and care you deserve. I am wondering whether it's possible for you to be away from these individuals for now, until you're in a better headspace. I know that this isn't always possible, particularly if you live with these individuals. If this is the case, is there anyone you trust who you can reach out to and express your feelings?

It's okay to cry, let out your emotions whenever you can. It can be overwhelming to keep these emotions in and suppress them.

I really hope you're okay, sending so much love <3