Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Urgent: Calling for a study buddy tonight (you do not have to stay awake or reply to my messages )

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Sorry I am in the process of writing an essay and need to stay up all night today. I am wondering if I can PM someone about my writing process it as I do not want to talk openly on the board or reveal who I am because people can tell who I am by my essay topic. You do not have to reply to my messages or read them at all. You do not have to know about anything about my field. I will be talking about what I am doing in terms of taking care of myself and also probably something I do in terms of writing the essay. I will not be talking about anything else.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ggg1972ggg1972 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Hi?
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20,

I hope you found someone to talk to! Your post sparked another thought in my brain. Have you tried watching live study with me's on YouTube yet? They can be great for feeling like we are studying with someone no matter what time of day it is as they are pre-recorded =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    Hi @Kate_20 I think that is a good idea but do make sure you are sleeping at an appropriate time! I also have an essay to finish!
  • Options
    @maryam852 Have you finished yours?
  • Options
    @Kate_20 I'm so sorry, I didn't see the message! It is the 27th and my essay was due in for the 20th and I still need to add in the footnotes and bibliography (most of which I didn't note down).
  • Options
    @maryam852 Did you get an extension?
  • Options
    @Kate_20 Haha, no. My teacher doesn't seem to believe in mental health at all.
  • Options
    @maryam852 Show them your diagnosis. They should believe in a psychiatrist
  • Options
    @Kate_20 sigh, my doctors have even phoned them up and still, this one teacher thinks I'm just trying to get away with not doing it.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @maryam852,

I am really sorry to hear you are experiencing such difficulties. It sounds really tough for you. Do you have any letters about your diagnoses/health history that you could share with your teachers? Also, could you talk to the disability and wellbeing department and personal tutor about this? - it is their job to help support you! If you just need an ear, we'll be here for you :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 That's a good idea, thanks!