Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Befreinder role

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,961 Community Veteran
edited October 2021 in Work & Study
Is it just a professional relationship or someone u can game with n stuff
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by Ed_ on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000,

In all honesty, it depends on the context and the setting/organisation. To find out, I would recommend contacting the person running the befriender scheme or even the befriender themselves. I hope this helps. Sorry, it is not a one size fits all approach so I can't say with certainty :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @ellie2000 I think it would be hard to maintain a professional relationship at all times but just try to be considerate and willing to listen. As you a befriending someone and trying to make them feel happier, it would be better to be genuine, as if you're not then they can sense it.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,961 Community Veteran
    a befriender is a person assigned, like if u find society abit differcult kind of a helper.
    f**k peer mentoring its boring. is a befriender like peer support?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    LifeOnEarthLifeOnEarth Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    I done befriending. The kind i done was visiting elderly lonely people, i went to their house for about an hour once a week to chat with them