Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello

Hello.
I am a third year undergraduate psychology student with a one year old son. I took a gap year and transferred universities in order to be a full time mum for a year. I have joined this community to chat with others and help anyone who may be in a similar situation as me and need advice/someone to talk to.

Comments

• Options
    SolarFlare23SolarFlare23 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Hi. I hope you are well.
    What's it like to study psychology in uni?
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    Hiya @kyraroseb
    Welcome! It's great to have you here and I'm sure you'll be a great help to others in a similar situation <3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @kyraroseb

Welcome to The Mix community. It is great to see you have joined us. I think it is amazing that you have the determination to go back to uni after becoming a mum and a gap year. I am sure there will be many people here who are in similar situations so you will be fabulous at helping us all out! You can always talk to us, about uni or general life. Is there anything specific you want our advice with? We can give it our best try :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    La_LaLa_La Posts: 156 Helping Hand
    edited October 2021
    Hello, it's nice to meet you! Welcome. :3
    ~ Dreamer ~
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey! Welcome to the community!
  • Options
    kyrarosebkyraroseb Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi. I hope you are well.
    What's it like to study psychology in uni?

Hi,
    I hope you’re well also!
    I absolutely love it! It’s hard work, but if you have a passion for the subject it keeps you motivated to do it. I’m sad that this will be my final year, so I’ll hopefully carry on studying in the future.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community @kyraroseb! Good of you to look out for others. It sounds like you're juggling a lot too, so if you ever need an ear you're welcome to chat to us. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Yes @kyraroseb! I couldn't agree more with "if you have a passion for the subject it keeps you motivated to do it". This sentence is probably the driving force for studying for my Masters degree (in a pandemic!). Hopefully, you will find more studying opportunities in the future. I always believe learning happens every day, even if it is as CPD! Make the most of your last year :)