Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hynothreapy

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
wat is it? does it f you up more?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ellie2000,

As suggested in the title hypnotherapy is a form of therapy. According to the NHS "Hynotherapy uses hyponosis to try and treat conditions or change habits. There are different types of hypnotherapy, and different ways of hypnotising someone. First, you'll usually have a talk with your therapist to discuss what you hope to achieve and agree what methods your therapist will use. After this, the hypnotherapist may:

- lead you into a deeply relaxed state - most people feel refreshed and relaxed
    - use your agreed methods to help you towards your goals - for example, suggesting that you do not want to carry out a certain habit
    - gradually bring you out of the trance-like state. Most people feel refreshed and relaxed

You're fully in control when under hypnosis and do not have to take on the therapist's suggestions if you do not want to.

If necesary, you can bring yourself out of the hypnotic state.

Hypnosis does not work if you do not want to be hypnotised

Important: Do not use hypnotherapy if you have psychosis or certain types of personality disorder, as it could make your condition worse. Check with a GP first if you've got a personality disorder" (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypnotherapy/).

I hope the above information helps but if you have any additional questions or need anything to be clarified, please do not hesitate to reach out to us again :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.