Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just want to drink

kels1278kels1278 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited October 2021 in Drink & Drugs
Just want to down a bottle of vodka or 2 and hope something shuts down, like my kidneys or something. I cba to fight anymore man, I'm tired. I'm so, so tired.

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I really can hear how much immense pain you are in right now, @kels1278 , your couple of posts have really shown just how distressed you are at the minute. Wanting to escape this pain is understandable, but I promise you that you truly do deserve to be here <3 I'm just wanting to check in with you, are you feeling safe right now? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    kels1278kels1278 Posts: 3 Newbie
    I’m fine, I always be fine in the end. If I don’t pick myself up no one else is going to do it
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    How are you getting on, @kels1278?
    kels1278 wrote: »
    I cba to fight anymore man, I'm tired. I'm so, so tired.
    kels1278 wrote: »
    I’m fine, I always be fine in the end. If I don’t pick myself up no one else is going to do it
    I wanted to acknowledge some of the feelings behind what you shared here. It sounds like you're feeling pretty... exhausted? That feeling of tiredness and 'I'll always be fine in the end' is something a lot of people experience when they live with chronic mental health challenges. Dealing with these things for a long time is emotionally draining, and it's understandable and normal to want to drink.

Do you mind if I ask, is there anything you can share with us that might provide more context to how you're feeling? Is there anything specific making you want to drink (e.g. life challenges)?

You've done well to connect with us here. Reaching out for support is never an easy thing to do and this community is always here to support you where we can. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Hi @kels1278

Just checking in to see how you are doing?

If you'd ever like to talk a little more about how you are feeling or the things you have going on, we are right here for you. Take good care :heart:
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hope you're doing okay @kels1278 <3

Do keep us updated with how you're feeling and remember we're here for you. I also wanted to share some additional places you can reach out for support if you feel you would like someone to talk to. Some of these services are open 24 hours a day, so they are just a call or text away when you need them <3
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, and are experiencing any painful emotion or are in crisis, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.
    * If you have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Just wanted to check in on how you're doing @kels1278 ? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.