Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I feel like I am wasting time on helplines but I have no choice

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited November 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
My deadlines are coming up again. However, I got myself into a series of trouble not only about mental health but also about other things. I need to call helplines for practical advice to help me get out of the messy situation of my life(not about mental health because I do not have privacy atm). I have been trying to come off meds because I need to work. I still feel really drowsy. The loud music on the phone is too distracting for me. I really can't study I don't know what I can do :(

mod edit: moved from Anything Goes
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    Hi @Kate_20.
    Sorry to hear that things are seeming a bit difficult at the moment.
    I'm glad you've reached out to helplines for help, that's a real brave thing to do! Have they been proving helpful at all?

Coming off medication can be a really difficult experience, especially if you've taken them for a while. May I ask why you're coming off them? Is it something that you feel you no longer need to take?

I also understand how stressful deadlines can be. I find writing a list of what I need to do helpful. It might seem intimidating sometimes, especially if there's quite a lot to do. But I like to break it up into smaller chunks and plan it over several days if I can. This helps me not get as stressed. Obviously, everyone works in different ways, but planning what you're going to do and when might be something to help you get on top of these deadlines.

With the music on the phone if it's distracting, could you lower the volume or turn it off? Some people work better without music, whereas some people need something in the background. If you wanted something on, something instrumental and with no lyrics could be a shout to use.

Hope this all helps and hope you're okay :)
  • Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Hi @Kate_20.
    Sorry to hear that things are seeming a bit difficult at the moment.
    I'm glad you've reached out to helplines for help, that's a real brave thing to do! Have they been proving helpful at all?

Coming off medication can be a really difficult experience, especially if you've taken them for a while. May I ask why you're coming off them? Is it something that you feel you no longer need to take?

I also understand how stressful deadlines can be. I find writing a list of what I need to do helpful. It might seem intimidating sometimes, especially if there's quite a lot to do. But I like to break it up into smaller chunks and plan it over several days if I can. This helps me not get as stressed. Obviously, everyone works in different ways, but planning what you're going to do and when might be something to help you get on top of these deadlines.

With the music on the phone if it's distracting, could you lower the volume or turn it off? Some people work better without music, whereas some people need something in the background. If you wanted something on, something instrumental and with no lyrics could be a shout to use.

Hope this all helps and hope you're okay :)

@kimberley1907 Yeah the helpline is helpful. I cannot study when I am on meds. I cannot really otherwise I cannot notice if someone was answering my phone
  • kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    @Kate_20 I'm glad the helpline is helpful. And I understand, I'm sorry it's hard to adjust to coming off them right now. I hope you feel better soon, and you're able to work better.
    @Kate_20 I'm glad the helpline is helpful. And I understand, I'm sorry it's hard to adjust to coming off them right now. I hope you feel better soon, and you're able to work better.

@kimberley1907 Thanks. I actually feel better when I am not on medication. Now there is nearly no withdrawal symptoms.
  • RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    The medication I assume works for u, can they lower the dose? Maybe the balance isn’t quite right
    Ruh wrote: »
    The medication I assume works for u, can they lower the dose? Maybe the balance isn’t quite right

@Ruh Idk. My suicidal feelings came back again. I feel like I can never have friends who do not know about my MH problems. I am disgusting and I hate myself for having a messy room. I am never that happy person I wanted to be. I am too much trouble for the crisis team. I want to die but I cannot ensure my death. I am useless.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi all,

I hope you all feel well soon. I just wanted to post to remind you that if you have been affected by any of the topics discussed, you are more than welcome to contact Samaritans or Papyrus for further support. I have posted their details below in case you would like to contact them.

Papyrus (2 pm - midnight):

Call 0800 068 41 41
    Email pat@papyrus-uk.org

Samaritans (24/7):

Call 116 123
    Email jo@samaritans.org
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.