Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hey guys! I’m newwwww 😍

Hey!! How are you all and what are you all up to?

I’m just starting my masters course in the psychology of mental health. I’m loving it so far!

I have a question: do you guys play any instruments and if so, what do you play? 😋

Comments

• Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I've played the piano, trumpet, clarinet and flute. My favourite was the clarinet. I'm more into my sports now though!
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi @etaoin17 nice to meet you

I can play a little but of the keyboard but I can make music through the magic of technology too
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Welcome to the community @etaoin17 - it's great to have you here :)

I used to play piano and guitar but I don't play them so much anymore. How about you?

That's amazing you can make your own music @Apollo - that sounds really fun!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2021
    Hi @etaoin17,

Welcome to The Mix's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How is your Masters in Psychology of Mental Health going for you? I am currently studying for a Masters so I can understand how demanding they can be but glad to hear you are enjoying it. I don't play any instruments, do you? and if you do, what instruments do you play? :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • FriendlyneighbourFriendlyneighbour Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hi @etaoin17

Welcome to the community, it's lovely to have you here. Unfortunately I'm not very musical minded although I do enjoy listening to music. In the past, I have tried the trumpet, the drums and the piano but have never managed to stick with one. What do you play?
  • JADE92JADE92 Posts: 30 Boards Initiate
    Welcome @etaoin17 =)
    Great to hear that you are enjoying your Masters course! I am an undergrad Psychology student but looking forward to Postgraduate study. I used to play the guitar but like others didn't manage to stick with it haha. I am in the process of learning Piano though! Welcome again, it's great to have another member join The Mix. <3
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.