Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The best experience of your life?

CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
Hello folks, I have a big question for you!!

What is the biggest experience in your life that actually taught you something important in your life?
It doesn't have to be an experience abroad, but something in your everyday life, like a chit, chat to a bar with a friend, something that a stranger said to you etcetera.

Comments

• Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Ooh good question. I've got a few that I'd like to answer!

I've lived abroad for 2 years of my life, without family or anything. Was 16-18 and it really helped shape me into who I am today.

I've been to 2 world championships for my sport, one at junior and one at senior level. These were amazing life experiences.

On a more personal note that people irl don't know, I lived in care and this was the best experience of my life. It was the best thing to happen to me considering the situation I was in and my life wouldn't be the same if I hadn't been "saved" from that situation. I know I say a lot about how shit social work were to me but I honestly think I'd have killed myself by now if I hadn't been removed from my mum. So yes the best experience of my life was also probably one of the most traumatic experiences of my life too.
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 111 The Mix Convert
    Hey, thank you for your answer!

I'm glad you learned a lot from your personal life experiences!
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    @Cosmo thanks! What would you say was the best experience of your life?
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    I'd have to say going to university. I still consider it the best time of my life - I learned so much about myself, I've grown so much that I'm not even recognisable in some ways to how I was back at school, I've met some amazing friends that I'm thankful for, I discovered my purpose in life that drives me every day, and I've gained a lot of confidence through taking responsibilities.

Overall, it was honestly life-changing for me. It was hard to leave, I wanted the journey to keep going! But I carry all I've learned and gained with me into the next chapter of my life, and with good friends by my side. Now, I'm learning that I shouldn't be sad that uni is over, but that I should be happy that it happened and I was able to have that wonderful experience x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.