Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need emotional support from nyctophiles: I need to write 10,000 words essays in 7 days

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I need to write 10,000 words essays in 7 days and the uni said that they cannot offer more extensions. I am still going to hand in the EC form if I really cannot do it but I would aim for doing it on time. It is inconvenient to call helplines and sometimes they do not work and may make me feel worse. The waiting time of helplines is also too long and I cannot concentrate with music in the background. The waiting time of Shout is also very long at midnight. I am wondering if there are any nyctophiles on this forum who can be with me when I need to stay up? I will try not to stay up late but it seems unavoidable right now.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20,

I can understand how difficult this must be for you. I have often needed to turn to helplines with the stress of pressing deadlines. Some resources you might find beneficial include YouTube's StudyTube (particularly live study with me's) as they help you to feel like people are with you and Student Space. You can use Student Space by going to studentspace.org.uk, texting 'STUDENT' to 85258​ or calling them on 808 189 5260 between 4pm and 11pm.

I believe you have 6 days left now for your 10,000 word essay. I would split this into 2,000 words each day for 5 days and then proofread, edit it and submit it on the 6th day! I hope this helps :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20,

I can understand how difficult this must be for you. I have often needed to turn to helplines with the stress of pressing deadlines. Some resources you might find beneficial include YouTube's StudyTube (particularly live study with me's) as they help you to feel like people are with you and Student Space. You can use Student Space by going to studentspace.org.uk, texting 'STUDENT' to 85258​ or calling them on 808 189 5260 between 4pm and 11pm.

I believe you have 6 days left now for your 10,000 word essay. I would split this into 2,000 words each day for 5 days and then proofread, edit it and submit it on the 6th day! I hope this helps :)

@Laura_tigger82 Thank you Laura. Student Space told me that they are the same charity as TheMix and unfortunately I cannot call TheMix again. I would try to write it right now before the ambulance comes.
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    how you feeling now?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    summerxo21 wrote: »
    how you feeling now?

@summerxo21 Not good I cannot concentrate not knowing when the ambulance will come. Do you like talking about theories with me? You don't have to know about it but talking to people can make it clearer.
  • Options
    summerxo21summerxo21 Deactivated Posts: 321 The Mix Regular
    edited September 2021
    Kate_20 wrote: »
    summerxo21 wrote: »
    how you feeling now?

@summerxo21 Not good I cannot concentrate not knowing when the ambulance will come. Do you like talking about thoeries with me? You don't have to know about it but talking to people can make it clearer.

i can try :) the ambulance shouldn't be long my ambulance came within 30 mins so not long keep talking it will help calm your nevers
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    How are you feeling now @Kate_20? Is there anything I can help with? I appreciate that you must have had a tough week :/ hugs! I would have stayed up with you so you had someone to talk to but I am unfortunately not a night owl unless uni forces me to be!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    How are you feeling now @Kate_20? Is there anything I can help with? I appreciate that you must have had a tough week :/ hugs! I would have stayed up with you so you had someone to talk to but I am unfortunately not a night owl unless uni forces me to be!

Not so good. I'm stressed out.
  • Options
    KHI1886kKHI1886k Deactivated Posts: 136 The Mix Convert
    Kate_20 wrote: »

Not so good. I'm stressed out.

So sorry you feel stressed out sending hugs <3