Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I know it is ridiculous but I have difficulty getting out of my room

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
edited September 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
I just moved in with two people. I am so scared of talking to them to the point that I'd rather go without water during daytime. I am staying in my room all day. I only went to the kitchen when I could hear that they were in their room but still sometimes I couldn't predict it. They always offer me something which I really need but I cannot help them the same way. I don't want to meet them accidentally because it is gonna be awkward. I don't know what to say to them:(
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    I am a terrible flatmate. My room is always unclean and messy. I just don't feel up to cleaning it. Sooner or later people will have enough of me.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    What scares you about talking to them? If you're living with them, you'll have to speak to them eventually. Best to break the ice early, even with a hello and short introduction. Sometimes people get the message, but a short hello never hurt anyone x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Azziman wrote: »
    What scares you about talking to them? If you're living with them, you'll have to speak to them eventually. Best to break the ice early, even with a hello and short introduction. Sometimes people get the message, but a short hello never hurt anyone x

@Azziman We are actually friends but not very close. I feel bad because I owe them money because my bank card was stolen. I am right now living on their money temporarily until I get my card sorted. My room is also extremely untidy because of my depression. I tend to procrascinate as well. The criminals never consider their impact on people's lives when they took things away from people.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    I hear you, it sounds like a difficult mix of challenges to deal with. Sorry to hear about what happened, I hope its resolved soon. You're doing your best, and that's what matters! If you want to make it up to them, you can perhaps offer to help them with something - it helps you to speak to them, and you'll feel better knowing that you can help them in some way after they helped you? x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    RuhRuh Posts: 48 Boards Initiate
    I know what u mean, I got burgled a few years ago and it was so hard going back into the house thinking about how they had just rummaged through my things and violated my personal space. But u have to keep going and I ended up pushing these thoughts out and carried on - the most important thing is ur well anything else is replaceable. Sometimes talking can get u over barriers and dispel thoughts about what the other person is thinking
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Kate_20 I understand how you are feeling and remember with new people, these feelings are normal. It is okay to feel a little awkward or nervous around them. It may be worth starting off small and saying hi or saying thank you when they offer things. I know it is really hard to actually do it but saying something can break down the barrier. Do you know their names? Maybe ask them their names. You will do great!
  • Options
    Ruh wrote: »
    I know what u mean, I got burgled a few years ago and it was so hard going back into the house thinking about how they had just rummaged through my things and violated my personal space. But u have to keep going and I ended up pushing these thoughts out and carried on - the most important thing is ur well anything else is replaceable. Sometimes talking can get u over barriers and dispel thoughts about what the other person is thinking
    @Ruh I will try but it is really hard I am under the crisis team :( I don't see how this will end. I don't think I can keep well anyways if I stay alive I would die from a heart attack so what is the difference. My chest really hurts and I believe it is not a good signal anyways.

• Options
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Kate_20 I understand how you are feeling and remember with new people, these feelings are normal. It is okay to feel a little awkward or nervous around them. It may be worth starting off small and saying hi or saying thank you when they offer things. I know it is really hard to actually do it but saying something can break down the barrier. Do you know their names? Maybe ask them their names. You will do great!

@maryam852 I do know their names and I always come across them. I feel bad because I owe them money I got most important things stolen when I was very unwell.