Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

World Water Week 2021

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,795 Master Poster
edited June 2023 in Politics & Debate
Hello Mixlorians! :bleep_bloop:

I have been asked to share some information about World Water Week for the confetti cannon. I hope that you enjoy reading about it. :)

Water Week is an event that gives us the chance to think about how we can improve conditions for people across the world to do with natural resources that we have such as water. It is a conference that is held every year for 5 days which discusses sustainability issues and concerns to do with international development. There are over 170 countries that participate in this conference. This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the conference is being hosted online.

There is a different theme every year for World Water Week. The theme for this year is Building Resilience Faster. This is about focusing on being able to build concerted solutions to the greatest challenges that the world face to do with water. This includes the climate crisis, water scarcity, food security, health, biodiversity and the impacts that the COVID-19 pandemic has had.

Past themes for World Water Week have included Water and Climate Change: Accelerating Action (2020,) Water For Society: Including All (2019,) Water, Ecosystems and Human Development  (2018,) Water and Waste: Reduce and Reuse (2017) and Water For Sustainable Growth (2016.)

Here is a link to some information that explains more about World Water Week. https://www.worldwaterweek.org
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Dancer,

Thanks for sharing some information about World Water Week with us. I had not previously heard about World Water Week so I found your post super insightful. Do you have any particular thoughts about any of the upcoming themes which you would like to share with us? They all sound like really important topics to me.

Thanks again for your post!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    This is really cool and I am extremely grateful that you've shared all this information with us as it can allow us to support people as best as possible <3 Hopefully the week will yield some really positive events and experiences xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.