Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving and volunteering

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I did some volunteering in the past and I found that it could take my mind off my problems as I worried more about other people when I was doing volunteering. Right now I have to move accommodation because my tenancy ends very soon and I don't know where I will end up. My uni deadlines are also coming up. Recently I received an email from the volunteering place again but I cannot sign up for slots because I don't know where I will end up and it is area specific. It is the volunteering place that left me with relevantly better memories. I am wondering if it will be too late to choose a slot after I sort everything out but I am really stressed out and lost now. The slots may disappear very quickly.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) Moving place is definitely stressful, especially when it affects other areas. Best you can do in this situation is contact the volunteering place to explain this. Sort your accommodation out as soon as you can, and once you have a place secured, let the volunteering place know. If you roughly know where you might end up, they may be able to hold a place for you. It's not an easy situation, but all you can do here otherwise is do your best and keep fingers crossed. No matter what happens, things will turn out okay x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    Azziman wrote: »
    Hey :) Moving place is definitely stressful, especially when it affects other areas. Best you can do in this situation is contact the volunteering place to explain this. Sort your accommodation out as soon as you can, and once you have a place secured, let the volunteering place know. If you roughly know where you might end up, they may be able to hold a place for you. It's not an easy situation, but all you can do here otherwise is do your best and keep fingers crossed. No matter what happens, things will turn out okay x

Thanks @Azziman I just sorted out where I will live. Hopefully I can contact them soon.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo