Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

TV recommendations?

_AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
Hey!
I’m stuck in isolation (thanks Covid!) so looking for some good tv shows (or movies!) to watch.
I love Grey’s anatomy, Bones and Coroner. So anything involving investigations or medical dramas are good. I’m currently watching Absentia on prime which I’m enjoying but will finish soon.
So yeah, anything goes!
Aj x

Comments

• Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    I like The Good Doctor and House.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @Kate_20 thanks! Couldn’t really get into House, but will try the Good Doctor.
  • liv_roseliv_rose Posts: 17 Settling in
    New Amsterdam on Amazon Prime is a good medical drama I've only watched part of the first season but liked it so far. :)
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Have you watched The Boys??
  • _AJ__AJ_ Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    Have you watched The Boys??

Ooh no. What’s that about? x
  • lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Ohh!
    I'm not good at explaining plots so Wikipedia can take it from here:

The Boys is set in a universe where superpowered individuals are recognized as heroes by the general public and work for the powerful corporation Vought International, which markets and monetizes them. Outside of their heroic personas, most are arrogant and corrupt. The series primarily focuses on two groups: the Seven, Vought's premier superhero team, and the eponymous Boys, vigilantes looking to bring down Vought and its corrupt superheroes.

The Boys are led by Billy Butcher, who despises all superpowered people, and the Seven are led by the narcissistic and violent Homelander.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Suits is on Netflix. It has 9 seasons and is absolutely bingeworthy
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Luther is really good I think that’s on bbc iplayer. Also the pact is on iplayer I watched that in like 2 days that was good and also fearless which I think is on itv player.
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I completely agree with everyone's suggestions, especially the one about The Good Doctor, you can really connect with the characters and see the beauty of all their relationships =) I would also recommend How to Get Away with Murder, it's about lawyers but it's super dramatic and Viola Davis is amazing in it <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Clickbait. It's new on Netflix. Read what it's about first tho as could be triggering
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Vigil