Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who would be interested in a group chat about medical TV shows (one-off)

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
I have been given permission from @Mike to share an idea that I had about a group chat. I would like to possibly be able to do a one-off group chat in the future for people who are interested in medical TV shows so we can share our interests and have a space to specifically talk about them. I know that some people might not like this idea because we do have general chat and the discussion boards but I feel it could be nice to have a time for people to be able to dedicate a discussion to a passion that they might have (such as if they want to become a doctor in the future or if they just love watching medical shows on TV.) This would only be able to go ahead though if we had a lot of interest (so it would probably have to be at least 5 or 6 users.) This is just an idea for now. If you know of anyone who would be interested feel free to share this with them. (And no I don't know what day it would be but it would be likely to either be just before chat or just after chat.) This idea came up when Mike was discussing something in under 16's chat about how there was once a time after group chat where everyone was just chatting about Great British Bake Off.
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Who would be interested in a group chat about medical TV shows (one-off) 8 votes

Yes I would be interested
50%
independent_Millie2787_AJ_SpaceOtter 4 votes
No I would not be interested but I know someone who would
25%
Siena_Tech_Addict_Girl 2 votes
No I would not be interested and I don't know someone who would be
25%
AbigailGreenTea 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I've said no because I feel like there won't be the mods to man it.. time and time again (more recently too) chats are being cancelled because of mod shortages.. throwing another thing into the mix won't help..
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    I personally don’t like medical tv programs anymore as triggering. But I know loads of people on here do. And it doesn’t need a mod for it. I mean I think people on here are mature enough to not need a mod for that lol
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    If it's a group chat using chatwee...they will assign a mod which is just a waste of resources tbh. There's mods in every community group chat.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    It's a cool idea but I think we can take this further and have a "film club" where we watch movies and/or TV shows every month. And we could have a monthly chat about the shows.
    I'm not sure if the Mix already does this but if they do then that's cool!
  • Options
    They did that recently with a nowtv partnership thing
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited August 2021
    I love a good medical programme ! Maybe if it goes ahead and there’s a couple of older ones (18+) who are trusted the mix could look at training us up to mod it ? Save the pressure of finding someone
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »
    It's a cool idea but I think we can take this further and have a "film club" where we watch movies and/or TV shows every month. And we could have a monthly chat about the shows.
    I'm not sure if the Mix already does this but if they do then that's cool!

I think that is what Mike was trying to hint to me when I suggested my idea.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I love a good medical programme ! Maybe if it goes ahead and there’s a couple of older ones (18+) who are trusted the mix could look at training us up to mod it ? Save the pressure of finding someone

Nice idea of finding a couple of trusted older members to mod instead. That could work.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    GreenTea wrote: »
    If it's a group chat using chatwee...they will assign a mod which is just a waste of resources tbh. There's mods in every community group chat.

Not a waste of resources if many people want it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »

Some people might think of it as a waste of resources but there are some people who might find it to be a genuine interest. Also, it was just an idea with me being fully aware it is unlikely to happen.
  • Options

In my opinion it's a waste of resources. There's mods on every night for the chats as it is and I've seen chats be cancelled because of lack of mods. Would make sense to just leave chats how they are and not add extra pressure to others
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster

If people would be interested in it for a bit of fun it wouldn’t be a waste of resources surely?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster

Good idea and I’d be happy to do this
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    It's just my opinion. I see it as a waste of mods time
  • Options

Good idea and I’d be happy to do this

But training would also be difficult although that sounds like a great idea.
  • Options

In my opinion it's a waste of resources. There's mods on every night for the chats as it is and I've seen chats be cancelled because of lack of mods. Would make sense to just leave chats how they are and not add extra pressure to others

It would only be a one off rather than a regular thing.
  • Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 817 Part of The Mix Family
    If mods are willing to do it and there’s enough people it certainly does sound like a lovely idea. Plus it’s just a one off, so it’s just a bit of fun really.

It’s a nice way for people to unwind. And I know personally I love talking about shows i enjoy (probably too much lol), so it’s a lovely idea to give people an opportunity to discuss medical tv shows it with others who love them.
    You're awesome!