Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mental Health

2»

Comments

• Options
    head_buzz_19head_buzz_19 Posts: 19 Settling in
    Hi Grace,

Lovely to be in touch. Thanks for the supoort. It’s never easy to go through such situations but I’m glad to meet such lovely people who are caring and understanding!

Not really over the past 2 weeks the way I’m feeling has just intensified and I keep hurting myself and engaging with self harm behaviours. I deserve pain and completely crashed mentally with the way I feel. I’m lost and don’t have the energy to pick myself back up to fight. I’m letting the feelings win.

Yes it certainly has been that’s the route cause of my depression, low self worth and extreme social anxiety! Health professionals have even noted that. It caused me to suffer from anorexia for years too but that’s is it too bad now I have my boyfriend etc. There is hope yes I relapse now and then but I have reason to live my life the way I always wanted. Partially anyway as my depression wins over when I feel suicidal.

Thanks grace @gracejeff20 and sorry it took some time to respond. I’ve been lost in my track of thoughts.

Best wishes
    S x
  • Options
    gracejeff20gracejeff20 Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey @head_buzz_19 ,

Great to hear back from you. Yes, throughout life you will be surprised at just how many people care and want to help - even people you don't know :) .

Sometimes our mental health can take a turn for the worse for no apparent reason, there isn't always an environmental trigger. I can understand that you may want to hurt yourself when you are feeling so low. But, you do not deserve pain at all. Is there an alternative non-harmful way to help you cope instead? A cold shower, deep breathing, maybe write your feelings on some paper and rip it up?

There is a webpage about self harm on Support Line.org, which explains why you may be doing it and suggests other ways of coping. There is also a list of agencies to help those affected by self harming. Unfortunately as I am new here I cannot paste a link to this page.

You mentioned health professionals. May I ask, are you currently seeing a counsellor/psychologist?
    Do you confide in your boyfriend about the way you are feeling?

Try to focus on one day at a time, and find something good in each day, no matter how small!

My good thing today was my dog chasing butterflies on our walk this morning :). Let me know yours, if you'd be happy to share!

You've got this. Talk soon.

Grace :)

• Options
    head_buzz_19head_buzz_19 Posts: 19 Settling in
    Paracetamol and a runaway would be quite fine. Life is crap I’m done.
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hey @head_buzz_19

Do you want to talk about it?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @head_buzz_19

I'm around too if you need someone to chat with. What's getting to you right now?
  • Options
    KatKat Posts: 81 Budding Regular
    Hiya @head_buzz_19
    It has been a few days since you last posted and just wanted to let you know that I hope you are doing okay and I'm thinking of you.
    Remember we are here for you and you can always reach out to us at any time <3