Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Driving Test

ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Heyo people,
I was wondering if anyone else had any tips for trying to get a driving test. They are so booked up and i would realistically want one in August as my driving instructor said he thinks i would be ready by then. In addition, i can't keep paying so much each month for months to come as i pay for all my driving lessons myself.

I've been checking the government website once or twice everyday and looking though all the days in August and September for my local testing centre but nothing has been available since i started looking at the end of May.

Any help/tips would be appreciated :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited June 2021
    Book a test , just the next date you can get and then get the app called testi , I think it’s £10 maybe I can’t remember for the premium but it sends you a notification every time a cancellation comes up for the test centres you’ve set and you’ve just got to be really quick to click on it . I’ve managed to move my test from end of November to start of October with it .
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @ForestWitch,

Unfortunately no tips here! Since I don't drive, I use public transport or I am a passenger in other people's vehicles. However, I wanted to respond to wish you the best of luck with your driving test if you have not yet had it. I hope you have already had it though because you were aiming for August! If you did, how did it go? If not, please feel free to let us know when you know :) Got everything crossed for you!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ForestWitchForestWitch Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    Hi @Laura_tigger82

I had it around about 3 weeks ago and failed in the first 5 minutes due to apparently rolling down a hill when trying to move off. (Even though i didn't even feel the car move back) so yeah fun times.
  • kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    @ForestWitch I'm sorry to hear about that. I had my test about 3 weeks ago too and failed on the way back to the test centre for stalling and rolling back. Hope you find another test. I have Testi but had no luck so far