Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Youth Clubs

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
Hi guys how is everyone I have a question has anyone been to a youth club if you have I want to know how it is is it good what’s your opinion on it because I might be joining one soon I’m in a wheelchair
Thankyou ❤️

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    I’ve been to a few different youth groups and I loved them. They are a great way to get out, meet new people and try new things x
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    @Dandelion that’s nice to hear I’m glad you loved it because I might be joining one x
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I abso loved being in Girl Guides as a teenager (not the same as a youth group necessarily) but it was cool because the group worked hard to make the meetings and activities accessible to a range of our guides (e.g., like avoiding certain activities for people with sensory processing disorders). Can I ask what kind of youth club it is? @_Tech_Addict_Girl I defo agree with @Dandelion that it gave me such an opportunity to meet new people =)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @AislingDM Thats nice to here also do you know what is the difference between girl guides and youth clubs ☺️
    @AislingDM it is a hanging out space where you hang out with people and do activities go on outing :)
    Oh okay cool so that acc sounds really similar to guides then!!! cos really we just hung out at meetings and did cool things like camping, going to theme parks, doing come dine with me etc...

Is there any activity you'd be particularly keen on doing??? <3@_Tech_Addict_Girl
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @AislingDM oh cool I don’t really know to be honest probably just hang out with people and make friends.❤️And do any activities I wouldn’t mind as long as lm out of the house
    I love the sound of that, it's actually amazing how keen you are to meet new people, like that can be a really difficult and daunting process and you're welcoming it with open arms! You're awesome <3 Sometimes the best activities at youth clubs and stuff are the 'simpler' ones where you get to spend more time chatting and building relationships with others. like my honest fave activity was icing biscuits, because it was relaxing and was mostly chatting and chaotic decorating haha =)
  • maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl I think youth clubs might be fun! Perhaps you can join your local Scouts Organisation? I can only give experience with scouts and it was really fun. It taught me new skills and made new friends, some who I still talk to. A similar group is girlguiding. These names sound quite childish, I know, but there are different sectors, so check it out!