Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

TW: Relapse from self harming

Past UserPast User Recovering🥀LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
edited June 2021 in Health & Wellbeing
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited June 2021
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    edited June 2021
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Honestly so so so true @LorryTruck !!! Recovery and relapse can be such long and arduous processes, it's no wonder that you're left feeling uncertain and confused about how to make those urges go away @zaynab_5 . Like after trying so hard and experiencing such a cool level of happiness for six months, that relapse was always going to leave you feeling despondent (even tho as @LorryTruck says, you do not deserve to beat yourself up about it!! You deserve to give yourself space to process your feelings and what led you up to self-harming again). Blaming yourself must feel so immensely difficult, especially when you're left feeling isolated in your mental health by family too :( It's often true, as has been said, that parents can be reluctant to accept children's pain because they do not want to face it, and whilst this is sad for them, you do not deserve to carry around the weight of their denial/lack of support.

It's really cool that you are considering talking to your family, maybe trying to relate it to them, without specifically directing it towards them, could help? like 'what would you think if a character on a TV show said *insert X unhelpful things they have said* ?' rather than 'why did you say this?' because people can get really defensive... (i hope this advice does not make you feel like it's your fault for their lack of support, I only suggest this with the long-term hope that they could support you in the future if that's what you want, ofc I do not believe that you should have to carefully craft your sentences when talking to them about your mental health, but it could be effective?)

I love how future-oriented you sound, this can be a proper difficult mindset to reach, especially when in the midst of suicidal and self-harming thoughts, so seriously give yourself props for that hun <3 You're doing so amazingly to even come on here to talk and we will always be here for you, no matter what :) xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    That is abso no worries, you deserve all the support in the world from us <3 You're so right like it may work, it may not, but we can only know from trying I suppose xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.