Homeâ€ș Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

🏆 Community Quiz | Thursday 6th May, 7-8pm

JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
edited April 2021 in Community Announcements
giphy-downsized.gif
alt text: Oscar from The US Office saying 'it's only the biggest night of trivia of the year'

There will be a community quiz during chat break!

For those who don't know the format: there are 3 rounds of 10 questions, with one point available for each. A total of 30 points are up for grabs, with each point awarded for the fastest correct answer.

Titles are awarded to the winner of each round as well as the person with the overall highest score.

The quiz takes place in group chat, with @Laine modding and keeping score. :)

Here are the rounds:
  1. Entertainment (this one can be changed if anyone has a good theme in mind!)
  2. The Mix Trivia
  3. General Knowledge

In the usual way, we want you guys to write and host your own rounds. Writing means you come up with the questions, and hosting means being the person to ask your questions on the night. Hosts also declare the winner of each point in their round (with the mod having the final say ;) ).

If you'd like to write and/or host a round, reply below! If lots of people are interested, we'll prioritise those who haven't hosted recently, so don't take it personally if you're not chosen. :3

You're also welcome to co-host with someone else or as a group - feel free to be creative!

If you're chosen to host, you'll need to send us your questions for vetting by Tuesday 4th :)

giphy.gif
alt text: quiz show contestant aggressively saying 'big brain energy'
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.

Comments

• JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    yay quiz
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2021
    yay quiz
    Indeed!

We still need writers for this, so if anyone's game just drop @TheMix a message. :)
    Looking for one more writer to put together some Entertainment questions!

PM us before 6pm if you're interested. :)
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    We're open if anyone wants to get their quiz on! :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Results of the quiz are in!

Entertainment round winner: @Zen
    Mix trivia round winner: Tie! @Apollo and @independent_
    General knowledge round winner: @Zen

overall winner: @Zen !

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Well done everyone who participated :​)
    đŸŽ” I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake đŸŽ”
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2021
    Whoo well done everyone! Thank you for modding @Laine!
    Alis propriis volat 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited May 2021
    Wooo well done everyone!! It was really fun! (even when i thought Russia was a continent)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster
    Wooo well done everyone!! It was really fun! (even when i thought Russia was a continent)

You though that Russia was a continent? Lol. I really should have been at the quiz. I had too much homework to do. Sorry.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
    Dancer wrote: »

You though that Russia was a continent? Lol. I really should have been at the quiz. I had too much homework to do. Sorry.

Yep @Dancer the question was what is the largest continent and my brain immediately jumped to Russia :joy: but it wouldn’t be a quiz if I didn’t give at least one stupid answer.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,739 Master Poster

Yep @Dancer the question was what is the largest continent and my brain immediately jumped to Russia :joy: but it wouldn’t be a quiz if I didn’t give at least one stupid answer.

Chat never is chat unless you say something crazy whether it is support chat, general chat, under 16's chat or quizzes!
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Chat never is chat unless you say something crazy whether it is support chat, general chat, under 16's chat or quizzes!

Guess that says a lot about me ;)@Dancer
    Laine wrote: »
    Results of the quiz are in!

Entertainment round winner: @Zen
    Mix trivia round winner: Tie! @Apollo and @independent_
    General knowledge round winner: @Zen

overall winner: @Zen !

Woop! Well done everyone, and a big thanks to @Laine for modding. :)

Looks like @Zen has the title to beat for the Summer quiz. đŸ„‡