Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Would you rather.....

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Depends if we can come back to the present or whether it’s a one way trip.

If we can come back, I’d go to the past to see a time without technology and it would be so cool to go right back to when the universe started and then see dinosaurs and all the old cars 😁

If we can’t come back then I’d go to the future for same reason as Dancer (flying cars and all that funky stuff)
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Easy peasy, I'd go to the past! I wanna see what life was like in the early 90s or be part of all the 70s discos! I'd be worried that the future would again be like Wall-E :joy:
    Alis propriis volat 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Eleanor wrote: »
    Easy peasy, I'd go to the past! I wanna see what life was like in the early 90s or be part of all the 70s discos! I'd be worried that the future would again be like Wall-E :joy:

70's discos are basically loads of ABBA and The Carpenters which would be amazing.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I might be strange for picking this but I want to go really far in the future like thousands of years. :lol: I dunno I think it'd be interesting to see what the world would be like after so much time and what would happen to humanity.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Lauren223Lauren223 Posts: 71 Budding Regular
    I'd want to go into the future and tell future me to get her shit together because past me kinda dropped the ball a bit 😁
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster

I 100% agree with you on the Wall - E future ahah
    Dancer wrote: »

70's discos are basically loads of ABBA and The Carpenters which would be amazing.

And also the 70s, there seemed to be a lot less stress and a lot more dancing! Plus I'd like to see my parents/ grandparents as young people and teenagers ahah
    edited April 2021

I would want to time travel to the future because I want to be able to see what the world would be like with coronavirus and also because I want to see if flying cars will become an actual thing.

I find it funny that in Back to the Future they travel forward to 2015 (from 1985) and there were flying cars and hoverboards and stuff! I think we're a little way off flying cars 😅
    Emma_ wrote: »

I would want to time travel to the future because I want to be able to see what the world would be like with coronavirus and also because I want to see if flying cars will become an actual thing.

I find it funny that in Back to the Future they travel forward to 2015 (from 1985) and there were flying cars and hoverboards and stuff! I think we're a little way off flying cars 😅

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was a great film but unfortunately flying cars are not real yet. At least there would be less traffic on the road.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Day 18

A bit of a different one today, inspired by the last comment!
    Which movie musical would you rather star in?
    examples include but are not limited to:
    • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
    • La La Land
    • The Greatest Showman
    • Mamma Mia
    • Greece
    • Hairspray
    • Mary Poppins
    • High School Musical
    Mamma Mia because 1) who doesn't love a holiday to a Greek island?? 2) every time I hear Mamma Mia, I think of this.
    5ca4gy6gilub.png
    Lauren223 wrote: »
    Mamma Mia because 1) who doesn't love a holiday to a Greek island?? 2) every time I hear Mamma Mia, I think of this.
    5ca4gy6gilub.png

hahah I love this, I always thought of a poor Italian having a bit of a break down so this is a much better way to think of it :lol:
    Day 18

• La La Land
    • The Greatest Showman
    • Mamma Mia
    • Greece
    • Hairspray
    • Mary Poppins
    • High School Musical

Mamma Mia because I would get to sing ABBA songs and the scenery in the film is so beautiful.
    Day 18

• La La Land
    • The Greatest Showman
    • Mamma Mia
    • Greece
    • Hairspray
    • Mary Poppins
    • High School Musical

Haha I love how you said "Inspired by the last comment!"
    HSM
    Liam wrote: »
    HSM

We're All In This Together!
    @Liam which musical number would you most like to get in on!?

giphy.gif
    Day 19
    Would you rather be an ant OR a gazelle
    ooh, my first thought was gazelle because ants would just be squashed, but ants can carry way more than their body weight. There are also more ant based films. I'mma go for ant.
    Gotta be HSM2 for this belter wsvlyi24yte6.gif

Also an ant but I’d wanna be a famous ant like that wee guy from bugs life. Gazelles are kinda borin😂

Actually I just seen this

dej4u02873cj.jpeg

And now I wanna be a gazelle 🤣
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family

dej4u02873cj.jpeg

When this question was asked this ant was the first thing I thought of but I couldn't remember what it was called
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    Ants are basically like robots, they don't think about things really they just do them, so I'd be a gazelle
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
    edited April 2021
    Door ant @Apollo poor wee guy doesn’t even get a cool name 🤣

Edit : after doing my mornin ant research I found out that it’s a type of cephalote ant but still can’t find a name for it other than door ant 😆

Also I just read something that was super interesting “ It is an interesting fact that the total biomass of all the ants on the earth is roughly equal to the biomass of all the humans, how can this be when they are so tiny? Simple, there are around 1.5 million ants on the planet for every human and over 12,000 different species, for every single acre of land in the rainforest there are estimated to be 3.5 million ants.”😳😳

so if all the ants in the world got together maybe they could take over humans 👀🐜

Day 18

• La La Land
    • The Greatest Showman
    • Mamma Mia
    • Greece
    • Hairspray
    • Mary Poppins
    • High School Musical

When I was very young (about 5 years old) I used to think that La La Land was a real place thanks to the Teletubbies! And then when La La Land became a film I was like "What the ****"
    That's one creepy looking ant 🤣

dej4u02873cj.jpeg

Day 20

(sorry I'm slipping on these a little, feel free to add in your own if you fancy it!)
    Would you rather live on the moon OR be frozen into a talking statue?
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Okay that's an easy one! I'd rather live on the moon. Simply because it was my childhood dream to become an astronaut.

I'd like to say that I'd get lonely bit I'm kinda an introvert :lol:
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    The moon definitely. I'm too expressive to be a talking statue!
    I would also rather live on the moon 👽 . I hate keeping still so the statue life just ain’t for me
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hmmmmmm, it all depends on whether or not there's wi-fi on the moon... 🤔
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.