Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I did a bad yet justified thing

TheUndesirableTheUndesirable Posts: 15 Settling in
The other day I was rejected for a job I thought would be a great opportunity for me. I was so upset that I called the woman responsible a two-faced c*nt that didn't care about inclusivity and was just virtue signaling. I still believe that last part because dangling a job under a disabled prsn's nose only to yank it away after they've jumped through all the hoops is a shitty thing to do, but I know that's not healthy behaviour. If only mental health support was a thing...
Shyness is a disability. Make peace with it.

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    This sounds like a good reflection @TheUndesirable. Sometimes we let our emotions get the better of us in these situations and that's okay - it might not be healthy but we're only human.

It sucks that you didn't get the job, by the way. What was it, out of interest?

Job hunting involves a lot of rejection even for able bodied people, and I can't image how much that gets compounded when you have a disability. Glad you decided to post about it. :)
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    It was Arc Recruitment. I'm currently trashing their reputation as vengeance for the horrific way they treated me.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Looking for a job is a matching process between an organisation and a person. So being rejected doesn't necessarily mean that you're a bad candidate - the company might not think that you're the right match. This wasn't justified at all. I understand that you felt that the role was good for you, but you're not entitled to the role because of that. If anything, the company (and any other firms they work with) now has a good reason not to hire you if you've insulted one of their staff. Hope that you reflect on this and work on it for the future :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Doesn't matter anyway. If they wouldn't hire me now, they wouldn't hire me in 6 months either. Reality isn't like a TV show where ppl can undergo significant character development in half a year. I wish I wish it was, 'cause if so I'd be the biggest Gary Su since Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. But we live in the real world, where what doesn't kill you can make you weaker. 🖕