Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stressing about a friendship

I've been talking to someone on discord for the past few months and we've become friends, but recently I can't shake the feeling that maybe they just don't want to talk to me. Sometimes I get the impression that they're ignoring me/are sick of talking to me, but other times it seems they're happy to talk, and it's seriously stressing me out 24/7 not knowing which one it is, like ot the point of feeling physically sick over it. I see them having much more enthusiastic conversations with other people in servers we share and I feel jealous that I can't seem to join in, and that they're not talking to me like that. I hate not knowing for sure that they want to talk, but I obviously can't just straight-up ask them because that would risk damaging their opinion on me.

Comments

• Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hi @spatialsound13 First I don’t think we have spoken before so welcome ❤️I can see that your struggling with friendship right now and you don’t know for sure why they aren’t talking to you and your scared to ask because it might change their opinion but I honestly think if you keep it to yourself for a long time it will get worse and worse in your head the overthinking so my advice is to just tell them how you feel.
    Best of luck ❤️
    Alina
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hey @spatialsound13

It can be difficult when we've made a friend online, only to feel unsure about whether they actually want to talk to us or not. If they seem mostly happy to talk to you then that's a good sign! You could try asking them if they are okay with you contacting them and to let you know if they aren't. 

As for the other people in the servers, may be they have known them longer and feel more comfortable with them? It may be that, in time, your friendship will grow to the same level and you'll no longer feel jealous about the way your friend interacts with other people. It might also help to try to stop comparing how your friend interacts with you and others in the server- instead try to focus on the positives of your friendship.

Hope this helps a bit!

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey :) I can understand why you're concerned, but as Maisy says, it may be that they have known each other longer etc. I think these days its very easy to avoid talking to someone if you don't want to online, so if you are both still talking regularly then that's a good sign. We never fully know what's going on in someone's mind, especially online, but we have to learn to trust others on this <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.