Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggestions & advice needed - bit of a strange sex topic

This may be too detailed which I apologise in advance for; but I’m a 17 year old who’s mum has no idea that I’m recently new sexually active but is too scared to tell her because she won’t be impressed at all (very protective).

So basically, me & my boyfriend (4 months) have recently began being sexually active (only with protection, Never without), & a few days ago I felt a warm sensation ONLY when I was after stood up getting changed, after essentially being sat on him when he ejaculated - except I never felt anything when I was sat there. 

As a result, I’m paranoid as hell that I’m pregnant & have no idea what to do, i have no idea if this a pregnancy thing as when I search the internet there are no results. My boyfriend insists that the condom wasn’t ripped when I asked as he said he felt nothing on his hands or anything when taking off the condom as he said he had checked it over.

Can someone please let me know what this is, or give me suggestions as I’m freaking out so bad. 
Thank you.

Comments

• itsokaynottobeokayx_itsokaynottobeokayx_ Posts: 17 Settling in
    Forgot to mention that I was outside in the freezing cold on the last occasion we did it, so not sure if that could be the reason or not. 
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey here welcome to The Mix by the way! :)

So it sounds to me from the context you're pretty covered! Especially being in the cold that could be it! 

I think it's quite unlikely you are, but you can always take a test in a few days if you're able to get one, could even go to your gp for it!

Are you able as well to go on contraceptives? You may be able to get something she won't know about if you don't wish to tell her :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Thank you!!
    I wouldn’t even know where to go for contraception without my mum knowing as I can’t yet drive, same basis goes for a test.

are you sure that you think I’m okay?I’m a very paranoid individual so apologies! Any ideas what it could have been? 

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    edited January 2021
    Hiya,

It’s difficult to say for sure what it could have been, but being outside in the cold was probably part of it. It does sound like you’re probably ok, but as Laine said it’s worth taking a test if you’re not sure or if your next period is late at all. 

As for your mum, it’s ok not to want to tell her. When I was 16 and first sexually active my mum didn’t find out for a very long time lol, it’s a very private thing. 

At 17 you’re always entitled to confidentiality when you see your GP, so if you can get to your GP surgery on a bus or in a taxi they might be a good place to go. They can help you with contraception as well. Remember as well that you can get pregnancy tests from most shops, and they aren’t always too expensive. 

How are you feeling about all this, I know I know how scary and isolating it can feel when you’re worried about being pregnant and no one else knows. Well done for posting this and reaching out about it <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I totally get how you feel pregnancy has always been a big phobia of mine! 

I don't think it's likely you are :)

Your GP can offer most contraceptives when things such as implants so if you're able to get there they can do it and not tell your mum! 

As for a test most places do them if you're able to get to any shops, though I think there is also a website that will send you one for free :)

Are you due a period at some point? That's always the best first indicator. Try not to stress though as that can delay it (easier said than done I know!) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

My period isn’t due until around the 29th,  it I’m not sure if my stress is causing my brain to react & give me the symptom paranoia? I’ve not had any but I last had sexual intercourse 4 days ago
    Stress can cause a lot of strange physical symptoms. It’s really difficult because it’s a really scary situation to be in, but the stress can make your period late and can make you have some of the symptoms you might associate with being pregnant. Which in turn makes your stress worse. It’s a bit of a vicious circle.

Do you have anything that helps you to relax and feel less stressed generally?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Sounds like a few of us can relate to having pregnancy scares, the last time it happened to me I was shitting bricks but I took a test and it was negative even though I was almost a week late for my period, it was probably because I was so so stressed at that time.

Echo the others, the best thing you can do to give yourself peace of mind is to take a test. Dw about your mum finding out, you could go to a public bathroom to take the test and if you need to go to the GP as them to keep everything you say confidential.

You can get pregnancy tests pretty much anywhere, Tesco, Asda, pound shop you name it. I get the feeling scared bit, I'm 25 and I still can't tell (my very religious mum) that I'm not a virgin lol, I have a different view on virginity but that's a conversation for another time.
    But what if i have no way of going out & buying a test or getting to the gp as they’re all shut due to coronavirus. 
    Do you think that it is a likely pregnancy or not?
    I believe they also sell pregnancy tests online, so if your mum isn’t in the habit of looking at packages that arrive for you, that might be a good option. Places like Superdrug and boots sell them on their websites, you could order one along with some makeup or something :) 
    I have no bank card so I can’t do that - do you think that it’s a likely pregnancy?
    I don't think it's likely myself no. You can wait till your period and see what happens then but I doubt you are from the context given :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

Thank you, anyone else?
    I don’t think it’s likely either from what you’ve said, worth waiting to see if your next period is normal :)