Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

1 positive 1 negative a post

DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
Hi I her that there are people struggling so I want you to think about the positive and 1 negative a pos because thinking of the positive can help with improving confident 
here’s mine 
Positive 
I have done all my maths work for this week 
negative 
is that we are getting a new bathroom put in so there’s lots of noise and we don’t have any water. 

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    This is such a great thread to start @Durhamjaide

I'm sure it's going to help many people here. It's always good to reflect on the positives :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
    Thanks I thought it might be a good idea 
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    I like this 

Positive: I started back with fitness (treadmill running)

Negative: I have a LOT of college work to do 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 1,054 Wise Owl
    Great thread!

Positive: I am having a productive day :smile:
    Negative: I have a headache 
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    Positive: I finished my 1st case study for Health and Social Care.

Negative: I am struggling with ideas for work experience and beginning to lose hope (I have to find a placement by February half term.)
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Love this thread! 

Positive: I'm going to bake some vegan cakes later to eat  :3
    Negative: It's currently raining so I don't want to go out! 
    Positive 
    I had 2 hour lunch break today which was a bonus as I was only getting half an hour lunch break 

negative 
    i spilt candle wax all over 
    Positive: I saved some students from school from possibly getting hit by a reversing vehicle.

Negative: I was late to school due to traffic and the bus service (even though I left earlier than usual) but thankfully I didn't get told off.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Positive I managed to get out the house for a bit 

negative had a bag head this morning 
    edited November 2020
    Positive: I apologised to my maths teacher for my behaviour in Maths last lesson.

Negative: It is the 2nd time this week that a bus driver has refused to let me on to a bus just because the driver doesn't want to put up with teenagers (it's the truth- it was not because it was full because the bus was basically empty both times.)
    Kasa2103 said:
    Positive: I apologised to my maths teacher for my behaviour in Maths last lesson.

Negative: It is the 2nd time this week that a bus driver has refused to let me on to a bus just because the driver doesn't want to put up with teenagers.
    That’s ridiculous I think bus drivers need more training 
    Kasa2103 said:

Negative: It is the 2nd time this week that a bus driver has refused to let me on to a bus just because the driver doesn't want to put up with teenagers.
    Yeah but sometimes bus drivers are just annoying and rude.
    Kasa2103 said:
    Kasa2103 said:

Yeah but sometimes bus drivers are just annoying and rude.
    True 
    Positive I finished what I could do of my corrections and I’m asking someone tomorrow 

negative I hate washing my hair and I had to Tod that today 
    Positive: I didn't get refused entry on to any buses today.

Negative: I almost fell off a bench during a photoshoot in Photography because I was standing on a bench to do a photo of a building when going around school. Thankfully I didn't fall.
    Positive 
    I handed in one of my assignments abs I was very professional in one off my practical assessments 

negative I was later home than I was expecting 
    Positive: Watched An Inspector Calls during English today.

Negative: In self isolation until 25th November :(
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    I don’t know if I’m doing this right but here we go

positive: I finely decided to make an appointment for something I’ve been putting off

negative: I still can’t see my friend who I haven’t seen in ages due to lockdown 
    Positive: I finally got out of bed
    Negative: Almost run out of Haribo :(
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Positive: Went to college the other day when I felt unwell which resulted in me knowing what to do today (at home) and feeling like I can start/do it 

Negative: Living at home 
    Positive I’m getting a Costas today 
    Negative I woke up early 
    Positive I did all my Christmas shopping today 
    negative I had to wait up early. 
    Positive: Had popcorn for the first time in 18 months.
    Negative: My lips feel sore and I don't have any lip balm with me and I cannot be bothered to go downstairs.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Positive: Took the dog for a walk!

Negative: Been just an awful evening overall

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hey @laine I’m sorry to hear that. You’re an amazing person and we’re really lucky to have you. If you ever need anything we’re all here for you. I hope your dog enjoyed their walk.  (Sorry if this was weird or rude) take care  <3
    Positive: The Simpsons is on.
    Negative: I forgot to bring up some water last night.
  • SneakylilmochaSneakylilmocha Posts: 177 Helping Hand
    Positive: I have a job being a receptionist on my dad's lab
    Negative: I have a lot of english homework practice for study abroad
    "Grow from the dirt they left you in."
    Positive I got chocolate and sweets yesterday because it’s our last day of term 
    negative I couldn’t go home early as I get the taxi