Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Way out of my comfort zone

Hiya so, my name is Francesca although most people just call me Fran, I’m 23 and I’m already struggling with something as simple as this. I’m not really one to put myself out there on social media and stuff so I deleted it all in June and I thought I felt better for it but now I feel like I can’t talk to people? Like people my own age at work and just general chat I just feel so awkward like I’m just annoying people straightaway. The only people I feel truly comfortable and most myself with are my family and my girlfriend, I don’t really have any friends or speak to anyone else at all. I’ve had 2/3 good friendships but this was years ago, I don’t know why but I just feel so awkward around people and I’ve just had enough of myself. 

This really isn’t how I wanted this introduction to go and I’ve got so much I want to say and just get out but I won’t bore anyone with that yet. Um, some things I enjoy are music, I love all kinds of music but rap/drill/rnb would defo be my favourite, I’ve had D Block Europe’s new album on repeat since it come out I think   =) I’m always watching the sidemen on YouTube, they all honestly have me in fits of laughter, they’re so funny!!

I think I’m just going to leave it here now but I’m really looking forward to meeting some new people and just trying to understand myself a bit better but yeah, I hope everyone is doing okay throughout this pandemic, we’ve got this! 

Fran x

Comments

• Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Hiya so, my name is Francesca although most people just call me Fran, I’m 23 and I’m already struggling with something as simple as this. I’m not really one to put myself out there on social media and stuff so I deleted it all in June and I thought I felt better for it but now I feel like I can’t talk to people? Like people my own age at work and just general chat I just feel so awkward like I’m just annoying people straightaway. The only people I feel truly comfortable and most myself with are my family and my girlfriend, I don’t really have any friends or speak to anyone else at all. I’ve had 2/3 good friendships but this was years ago, I don’t know why but I just feel so awkward around people and I’ve just had enough of myself. 

This really isn’t how I wanted this introduction to go and I’ve got so much I want to say and just get out but I won’t bore anyone with that yet. Um, some things I enjoy are music, I love all kinds of music but rap/drill/rnb would defo be my favourite, I’ve had D Block Europe’s new album on repeat since it come out I think   =) I’m always watching the sidemen on YouTube, they all honestly have me in fits of laughter, they’re so funny!!

I think I’m just going to leave it here now but I’m really looking forward to meeting some new people and just trying to understand myself a bit better but yeah, I hope everyone is doing okay throughout this pandemic, we’ve got this! 

Fran x
    Hey Fran! Nice to meet you :)
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    jurlew4111jurlew4111 Posts: 32 Boards Initiate
    @franstrying, I wasn't bored at all, but I understand not wanting to get into the deeper things right off the bat :) 

Welcome! I'm glad you joined and I'm excited to learn more about you and about myself as well :blush:

I don't know about you, but I feel like I have become more awkward throughout this pandemic. It has become a lot harder to talk to new people for me. I used to be able to talk to most anyone, but now I get nervous just talking to one new person. Ya'know?

Anywho, I love your panda profile pic.
    I just want you to know that I honor what you’re going through right now. I am here for you.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.