Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekly challenge #149

StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey Folks :heart:

For the next two weeks the challenge is "random acts of kindness" 

This could be kindness for yourself and kindness for others :smile:

Can't wait to see your replies :star:

As always feel free to vote for the next challenge & if you have any ideas of future challenges you can post them in this thread :heart:

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Weekly challenge #149 6 votes

Create a self-care music playlist
66% 4 votes
Alphabet photo challenge
33% 2 votes
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    A bit of self-care and kindness for me today, I've been poorly and I'm still not 100 % so instead of rushing around today I've relaxed a bit this morning. I'm going for a walk later to give my nephew his birthday card after he finishes school. 

What have you all been doing to show kindness? :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Quite a lot of us on here have been supporting each other by writing 3 things we like about each other (and ourselves) in the "What do you like about yourself??" Thread. 

I've been feeling a bit shitty recently so by supporting others it helps me feel good as well <3
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @Anch0r33

Thank you for sharing, I did see on that thread- it's awesome to see the community all supporting and help one another :heart:

Hope you feel better soon :smile::heart:

• DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,740 Master Poster
    I sent a lovely message to someone in my Photography class on Microsoft Teams today because she is struggling a lot with some homework.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I covered my boss at work for the week so he could be with his partner to welcome their child
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    I gave up my skating lesson so that my bfs niece could continue her lesson for longer as she was doing so well <3 

She's only 3 and it was her first ever lesson and she did soooo well 
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl