Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hello

Hi, I’m Maxie. I was suggested to look at this websites by my mum and so I’m here. I’m hoping to make some friends here. 

At the moment I’m being bullied at college for being autistic. I’m studying psychology and politics A Levels. I’m 16 years old.

I have social and chronic anxiety, and autism, and I’m deaf in one ear. 

In my spare time I love doing anything to do with trades, like carpentry, plumbing, electrical installation. I want to be an electrician when I’m older and build my own house.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Heyy @Maxie_2020 welcome to the boards!! It’s great to have you here <3

My name is Elle and I also studied psychology and politics, how are you finding them?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Maxie_2020Maxie_2020 Posts: 3 Newbie
    @independent_ thanks! I really enjoy psychology. It’s amazing! I like politics but that’s the class I get bullied in so it’s not great at the moment. What’s your fave topic in psych?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ThatFelixGuyThatFelixGuy Posts: 242 Trailblazer
    Hey Maxie! Nice to meet you :)
    "Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves." - Bruce Lee
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Welcome to the mix
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Hey there maxie, welcome to the mix!
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    edited October 2020
    @Maxie_2020 ooh that’s quite hard aha, I really enjoyed studying sleep and dreams as part of my higher psychology course. It was very cool to learn about how dreaming works and what dreams mean. What’s your favourite?

I’m really sorry to hear about the bullying, have you spoken to anybody about it?

It was lovely seeing you in general chat tonight too <3 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Maxie_2020Maxie_2020 Posts: 3 Newbie
    @independent_ my favourite is social influence so far. I love the Zimbardo experiment, but I haven’t don’t too much of the course yet because I’ve just started. I’m really excited to do gender as well.

Yeah ive spoken to the college about the bullying quite a few times. It started 5 weeks ago and they are trying to stop it but no luck so far❤️

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    edited October 2020
    Hey @Maxie_2020, welcome to the mix! X
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    Anch0r33Anch0r33 Posts: 1,201 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the boards @Maxie_2020

I'm currently studying English literature at uni and hoping for either a post grad in social work or the RAF (undecided). 

I'm currently training to become a Childline counsellor so psychology is an awesome subject to take. 

I'm not super interested in politics but what would you say you enjoy about it? 

Anyways welcome :)
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
  • Options
    JordanJordan Moderator Posts: 343 The Mix Regular
    Hello and welcome to the boards @Maxie_2020 !
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,859 Extreme Poster
    Welcome!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    cgreening172cgreening172 Posts: 1 Just got here
    hi my name is Chloe and I struggle with stress and anxiety and I also have  juvenile idiopathic arthritis
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey @Maxie_2020 welcome to the mix <3